Is it necessary to do stamping in the office assigned in the I-485 approval notice?

atlast

Registered Users (C)
Did anybody go for stamping to an office other than one shown in the approval notice ? Do you need to make any special arrangements for that ? E.g. I live in NC and my nearest INS office is in Charlotte but approval notice advises to go to Atlanta, GA office. BTW I\'d appreciate if someone could share experience of stamping in Charlotte, NC.

at_last , can you please post your details!!!

I think you can goto charlotte for stamping... but check with them anyways.. congratulations!!!

You might have to go to the local INS office

Some where on the discussion board, I read that a person has to go to the INS office having jurisdiction over the address in the drivers license of the person (current residence), maybe nearest INS office i.e. Charlotte in your case.
But do verify it.

You can go to Charlotte..

My approval asked me to go at Charlotte but since I moved to Tampa I went here and got passport stamped. At that time I informed the officer I moved and asked him to update the I-551 with my new address so that I will get card here instead of my old one. Also I called TSC and update the new address. Hope this answer all your questions if you have any post if I know I will try to answer.

I went for my passport stamping on Jan 10, 2002 so its not long ago.