Is it just me?

rakeshsingh

Registered Users (C)
Hey, the new look site is great, but it seems to be crawling. I was wondering if it is just me or the problem is accross board?

I totally agree that the new look is great. But the site is extremly slow, it is takeing a loooooooong time for pages to open and to enter threads and slow.
Will the adminsitrators please take a note of this ?

sertra2002 said:
I totally agree that the new look is great. But the site is extremly slow, it is takeing a loooooooong time for pages to open and to enter threads and slow.
Will the adminsitrators please take a note of this ?

It took 17 seconds to open the "reply to thread" window just now...

I like the new look and I especially like being able to see which threads have changed since I last visited, but the delays are pretty painful.

I'm on a T3, pretty much by myself at work by the way, so the problem's not at my end :).

Update: It took 41 seconds to go to http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=125560 from the VSC I-140 page...

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Same with me.......

I am also on a T3 and its taking lot of time to load. Earlier I was thinking that it could be due to traffic load on site, but it seems like there is some problem after the look change.

Same here.

I will be posting a lot less if it remains this slow...

I appreciate the effort gone into this developing this new look, though. It looks great !

LC_Virginia said:
Same here.

I will be posting a lot less if it remains this slow...

I appreciate the effort gone into this developing this new look, though. It looks great !

I will be reading less, if LC_Virginia posts less or if the site remains slow...

Just Kidding!!!

Anyways, ii seems a UAT phase to me so lets post a UAT thread and start posting the issues in that. As there seems some javascript error while using smilies, Just a thought...

You guys are absolutely right. This new look of the portal is really great but it takes forever to load the page. I guess it just this "vBulletin" which they are using, needs more system resources.

Thanks,

site is virtually unusable for me now... :(

It's taking 10+ minutes to load pages now...

I can't say enough about how useful a resource this site has been -- hopefully these problems can be resolved soon :(.

ETA

Too slow

Guys...donot list me as one of the people who opposes the change by saying 'Change is the only constant thing in life'. I do like the changes made to the site and the new GREAT look, but it is taking too long time to load(of course I am using dial up, but so did I was till yesterday).

I think there are really lot of frames to be downloaded and this may be causing the delay, but I really bet on the speed rather than looks(No offence intended).

Let's whait a couple more days

It might speed up a bit in a few days, most browsers keep graphics in a local cache, so maybe one reason for the crawling server(s) is that all clients are getting the new images. Also, I had to re-login, it looks like they changed the cookies. More server-extra-load. Probably by Monday/Tuesday things will have settled a bit ...

mendieta said:
It might speed up a bit in a few days, most browsers keep graphics in a local cache, so maybe one reason for the crawling server(s) is that all clients are getting the new images. Also, I had to re-login, it looks like they changed the cookies. More server-extra-load. Probably by Monday/Tuesday things will have settled a bit ...

Well, not to qote my prophecy, but the site is back to normal speed here :D

mendieta said:
Well, not to qote my prophecy, but the site is back to normal speed here :D

:rolleyes:

Nunca mente.Es un placer leerle - "Guapo de las Pampas".

Soy Guapo de las Sahara?

Last edited by a moderator: