Is it good to call IIO frequently..

Paragh

Registered Users (C)
like, I called them twice this week. When I called them last time, I asked them abt my FP(which is not yet issued) but I forgot to ask them the difference between RD and ND. Now, when I asked them today, the person told me that I had called them earler this week. So, they write comments on our case whenever we call them. Is it good to call them at all or not ? The AVM message says that they recd my case on Nov 16th even though my receipt says Sep 24th.
Anyways, I think I need to take a break and not get lost in this GC worries. Easy to say.:)

Thanks,
Paragh(RD:09/24 ND:11/16, State MD)

Calling twice a week is a little too much.

They log every call you make. Too many calling will cause RFE to be issued. So unless it\'s necessary, don\'t talk to an IIO. Besides, most of the time, calling IIOs won\'t solve anything.

It means Nov. 16th is your ND... Though AVM says \'case rcvd on Nov 16\'... RD is correct - Sept. 24

Relax. Your RD is September, 2001. You got around 2 months brfore approval.

Just relax.
For your FP, call VSC in 2 weeks if you have not got notice by then,

My Lawyer asked me not to call IIO

if I call and they come to know somehow, they(Lawyer) will withdraw my application. So there seems to be some serious issue when you call IIO frequently, I mean its not advisable.

What do you gain by calling IIO frequently?

They would not expedite your case or pull you out of the queue. What this does is clog up the phone lines and prevent those who have an urgent need to reach the INS from connecting with them.

Last October I had to urgently reach an officer. I couldn\'t get through for the three weeks I tried. As a result, my problem exacerbated. I also suffered several thousand dollars of financial loss for lack of ability to reach the INS. Writing to them wouldn\'t have helped. If the lines had been open I could have got my problem addressed by them, even if not resolved.

Calling just to check status prevents genuine cases from being heard. How would you feel if you had to urgently reach an IIO but couldn\'t because the lines are all busy. Believe me, its a really depressing experience.

You can always check the status of your case by calling offpeak/weekend hours and availing of the automated system. By calling during regular hours you might be depriving someone who has a genuine reason to call. You honestly don\'t expect them to approve a September case when they are looking at June ones just because you\'re calling, do you?

You laywer has no right to withdraw your application.

When your attorney filed your I-485, both you and your attorney signed a form to show that he/she represents you. If he/she withdraws your application without your consent, you can file a complaint with the bar and he/she will have serious consequences for misconduct. Even if your attorney is paid by your company, he/she still represents you!

checking the status thrice in a week using automated system is advicable?

Hi esbee,i fell sorry for your suffering and what you mentioned was 100% correct,could any one tell if checking the status thrice in a week using automated system is also not advicable (during offpeak time and after hours)

No Title

Normally, an I-485 applicant doesn\'t call IIOs frequently. If one calls too often, they will suspect the reason behind. They will normally verify whether you are having problems with the current employer, etc... Then an RFE is issued, and your case is consequently delayed. Besides, they can always issue RFE if they are sick of somone who calls every day just to punish this person.

I doubt if

the IIO who answer the phone (phone-reps) and the one\'s who handle the cases are the same. They probably belong to different departments & have no clue what each other do - except for the notes that is appended to each case or file.
Internally they might know how many cases or what is the latest approved case date, but externally they just tell us what they publish to the press.

RE:checking the status thrice...

To my knowledge, no problem. At the most they will get a log of who called. Also, that is what the AVM for. As long as you disturb the AVM they shouldn\'t care.

Too Many Calls to IIO might delay your GC process.

Last monday (04-mar-2002) sheela murthy clarified this issue. According to her, Too many phone calls to IIO might delay the process.
It is ok if you call AVM, Aslong as you do not distrub IIO you are fine.

Call IIO only if it is really required.

That\'s probably right.

I called IIO in late Feb for my April case. The call is shortly and politely. After 10 days, I called again and learned they issued RFE. But just a couple of days ago AVM says an RFE is issued on a later date (probably another one!). There is no concerete evidence that it\'s the consequence of my calls but it\'s really suspicious.