Is it common?

jesse wack

Received RFE from VSC today. The letter said:" Submit an original letter on company letterhead from your current employer stating your date of hire, duties, remuneration and prospect for continued employment."
I know they are requesting an employment letter. Do they request in this way? Is it common? It\'s strange they didn\'t request pay stubs. Thanks for your input!
PD 6/99, ND 2/2000, FP 3/15/2001

No Title

Jesse,
You are one step away from approval. Don\'t worry. Reply to the RFE and you are all set.

No Title

That\'s one thing that I think is strange to me because my case is a NIW case, usually they should verify the field and not other things. The tricky thing is I used my friend\'s address on the east coast and I am now working on the west coast. I am afraid of being called fraudulant in this case. Anyone knows how to deal with this issue? Thanks a lot!

No Title

Hi,
I don\'t exactly know the answer for your question. It would be helpful if you post more details. How did you file ur I-485 ? For NIW locations is not required.

If your are working for your own company, registered in CA, and if you have given local address of NE and are working in Westcoast, you can have a rental office (something RENTUSA or OFFICEUSA) for less than $300.00 per month in any city, which will give you office address, a phone number, and fax number etc in NE and cover yorself as a foriegn corporation to WestCoast operation.

I am not a lawyer, consult someone.

No Title

I got my NIW approved when I was a PhD student at school. At that time every catagory was current so I filed my I-485 while at school. I got my PhD last year and then moved to the west coast to work in a company (in the same field as I filed with my I-140). I was just wondering if INS had treated my case as EB2-RIR or labor certification. Anyway, how to explain the address change thing? Thanks a lot!!

No Title

Hi.

I just checked up AVM. It looks like they sent a RFE. Now..I changed my employer in FEb-2001. I filed my 485 in mar-2000. If they ask me employement letter from where i need to get it(from current employer or old employer.) If they ask me pay stubs also i need to use my current employer. Will that effect my GC.
Eb3,India PD 10/98 RD: 3/27/00 ND: 3/31/00/ Sumitted new i140 (In EB2 in Nov 2000)
 My old employer may give only employment(If i tried hard).
Please shed some light on my case.

Thanks,