• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is it better to check first ESTA then send all papers to KCC?

Hencer

Registered Users (C)
Just suppose, you send all papers to KCC, then get to inerview, get Visa, but finally your ESTA is denied. Then everything is lost, your money as well as time.

C'mon, be realistic...ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization, for selected countries under VW program) is if you intend to travel (visit) to US temporarily WITHOUT A VISA in your PP.

You will be issued a DV in the PP only after security clearance.

and no point of ESTA if you are traveling with a visa (GC,H,F,J etc) in your PP.

But....for the fun of it, go ahead and apply before your GC intvw and see what would be the response!!

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta....6710BD0_kA1866FB6-BB34-5F87-2F6A-D01AD88E01F2

Also note the following ESTA disclaimer....

If your electronic travel authorization application is approved, it establishes that you are eligible to travel, but does not establish that you are admissible to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program. Upon arrival to the United States, you will be inspected by a United States Customs and Border Protection officer at a port of entry who may determine that you are inadmissible under the Visa Waiver Program or for any reason under United States law.

A determination that you are not eligible for electronic travel authorization does not preclude you from applying for a visa to travel to the United States.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can sent in your docs and do an ESTA check after. I did that, no problem. I don't think they check your DV process for ESTA and it took 1 min for me to get clearance for ESTA about 2 weeks after I sent in my docs for DV.