Is it a problem?

rsemwal

Registered Users (C)
I am preparing the documents for H-1 stamping in Mexico. Today I saw the copy of I-129 filed for my H-1 approval. I noticed that the wages/salary reported on I-129 is not equal to the salary stated in my offer letter. Please let me know if the embassy official may have problem with that? Should I be concerned about it?

Any suggestions/comments over this issue?

Thanks.

Yes

Consular official will question it if the difference is high (like > 15 K). A letter from employer explaining about the reasons behind the disparity will help. However if the actual salary is higher then it should not be a problem (As LCA determines that minimum wage is paid and the consular official will be only concerned about the affordability of the employer)

Thanks...one more doubt?

Jaxen, thanks a lot for your reply.

I am sorry that I forgot to mention that salary stated on my I-129 is actually less than what was stated in offer letter. And the difference is close to 15K. Since the actual salary is more, do you think it should be fine with consular official?

I am a simple F1-OPT-H1 case. Having a masters degree from US, I was hoping that I have good chance of getting visa from Mexico. With this discrepency in salary statements, should I rather goto India than Mexico?

Thanks.

Ques./Concern

Hi Rsemwal/Jaxen.
If I dont have higher degree from US does the
JuarezEmbassy create problem for my H1 Extension visa stamping? I have an apptmt in early Nov.

Apart from that I also heard today that they are closing the 3rd Country National Stamping. Is that
true? (I could see that nvars.com shows all NO VACANCY for nov/dec months).
Please share if you have any update...as I am thouroughly confused whether to go there or not

Mexico is generally tolerant about non US degrees. About cancellation of stamping, we have not heard from DOS or DOJ officially yet. Please post relevant link or ask whoever is spreading this rumor to provide one.