Is it a good idea to contact senator. RD 9/10/01, RFE 12/18/02

yoda

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone
Is it a good idea to contact senator now that even my RFE response was received by INS about 4 months ago. The reason I am hesitant of contacting the senator is coz I at least got an RFE while most of the ppl who contacted their senators on this forum had not even received an RFE. Gurus pls advise.

RD 9/10/01
ND 11/13/01
RFE repy received 12/18/02

thanks

How come RFE plays a role here?

RFE: means they needed additional documents, because UR appln was incomplete ( in BCIS sense ).

It depends on time frame to find if U need to contact senator/ not?

RD:09/07/01
ND:11/09/01
NO RFE
AD: Waiting

I contacted my local senator and 2 weeks back. Someone from his office replied back Officer is reviewing, wait 30-60 days(standard IIO reply)...I don't think it really works, atleast in my case it did n't work. It's upto you to decide.

SainI,

Which State and Senator did you contact? I am also thinking about contacting a senator in NJ.

Thanks.

What was the RFE for? Did it include tax returns for prior year(s)? If so what did you submit and how did you go about getting it?

Thanks

Originally posted by Oct1RD01
SainI,

Which State and Senator did you contact? I am also thinking about contacting a senator in NJ.

Thanks.

I contacted in Virginia state(Senator John Warner office)....

If you have finished 15 months then by all means go ahead and contact the senator. Judging by your RD you have already. Remember this is your last resort so play your card only if it is required.