Is is OK to ask for Advance Parole?

merovingian

Registered Users (C)
I have H1-B status (not the stamp in the passport) and going to file I-140 with I-485 concurently. Is it safe to ask I-131? It is clearly stated that people do not need it with H1-B visa in the passport. Since I do not have visa and afraid that embassy might not give me a stamp (they might say I did not prove my ties with the country of origin) I would like to file I-131. Is it OK and will I have any problems in the future?
Once you have AP and go abroad, do you have to go to the embassy and apply for H1-B?
Thanks in advance

merovingian said:
I have H1-B status (not the stamp in the passport) and going to file I-140 with I-485 concurently. Is it safe to ask I-131? It is clearly stated that people do not need it with H1-B visa in the passport. Since I do not have visa and afraid that embassy might not give me a stamp (they might say I did not prove my ties with the country of origin) I would like to file I-131. Is it OK and will I have any problems in the future?
Once you have AP and go abroad, do you have to go to the embassy and apply for H1-B?
Thanks in advance
H-1B is a fully dual intent visa .... you would NEVER have to prove "ties to your country of origin" to get a H1 visa. You can clearly state your intent to seek permanent residency - no issues.

BTW, you should definitely get AP as a backup for your travels. You can also get H1 stamp when you go abroad - but its not necessary as the AP would suffice for re-entry into the US.

max2k1 said:
H-1B is a fully dual intent visa .... you would NEVER have to prove "ties to your country of origin" to get a H1 visa. You can clearly state your intent to seek permanent residency - no issues.

BTW, you should definitely get AP as a backup for your travels. You can also get H1 stamp when you go abroad - but its not necessary as the AP would suffice for re-entry into the US.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I will apply for Advance Parole as backup plan.