Is INS issuing iEAD's now

abcdefg123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My EAD expires on Feb 18th and I have already applied for renewal of EAD and my 90 days eligibility for applying iEAD is starts in Jan 22nd.

Has any one recentley applied for iEAD in San Jose or SFO?
Are they issuing iEAD's?
If they are not issuing iEAD's then what are my options?

WAC-01-032
RFE replied on 12/10/02

hi !
myself and my wife got iEADs today at the San Jose office... valid for 8 months.

Hi Vtg,

that's really good news!. Could you please clarify whether your's is a EAD renewal or first time? also, How is your experience. was there a big line and how long it took to come out?

Thanks!

this was the initial application...

line was okay..we reached at about 6.50 am..and there were about 35 people ahead of us ( judging from the tokens we got !)

everything was cool..no hassles and we got out by 10.00 am...and as others had already posted earlier..no food/drinks are allowed inside the building...and for the waiters in the line outside...there is usually a mobile food van selling fruits, coffee etc.

have no idea about iEAD at LA..hopefully someone who gets it will post the details here...

labour_gc,
nope, i did not file I-140 and I-485 concurrently..

Question to vtg regarding iEAD

vtg,
Could you please tell us the documents you carried for IEAD.
I know folks have posted this reqs elsewhere, but still good to know to latest information from you.

Also , is your I-140 approved? What is the RD of I-140 and I-485?
(If you do not mind telling us..)

we are planning to apply for iEAD around Jan 8th and would be very much interested to know the details. ( Mine is concurrent filing RD 10/04/02, ND 10/09/02. I-140 not approved. )

Thanks
get_a_life

well the document they really need is the EAD receipt and a photo id. i carried my I-485 receipt and also my old EAD obtained couple of years back.

yes my I-140 is approved. the details are on this board and on rupnet too but here they are again for you..
I-485 - RD aug 01 2002 WAC 02-246-XXXXX
EAD - RD sept 03 2002 WAC 02-272-XXXXX

Got IEAD at LA's Santa Ana office on Dec 27th

I filed my I-485 on Aug 16th along with EAD I-765. It was Concurrent filing before getting I-140 approval. I got my I-140 approved on Aug-27th.

I went to get iEAD on 12/27 at 7:00 AM at Santa Ana office in LA/Orange County. There were 50 people waiting. I was able to come out by 11:00 AM. There was no hastle. They issued it for 8 months from 12/27.

Thanks