Is InfoPass Appointment Madatory OR...

HOMER-SIMPSON

Registered Users (C)
Is an infopass appointment mandatory to get your PP stamped after 485 approval notice? Is a walk-in (albeit with several hours of waiting) still an option?
The InfoPass website says..
"Walk-ins:
Effective August 19, 2004, to speak with an Immigration Information Officer, you must make an appointment via the Internet at INFOPASS. You must bring the printout of your INFOPASS appointment and a photo ID with you. A number of persons can be served on a walk-in basis. Such visits should be limited to emergencies. Please note that you may have to wait several hours until you see an Immigration Officer. Our lobby is located at 6130 Tyvola Centre Drive, Charlotte, NC."

But the reality may be different.. Hence the question.
Has anyone done a walkin after INfoPass implementation???
Thanks!

I will let you know ....

I am going to go to Tampa Office as Walk-In tomorrow early morning for my PP stamping. I have as Inforpass appointment for 10/06/04 Wednesday. As because the approval letter says that I will have to go to Immigration Office on Tues/Thursday, I do not know they will do the stamping on Wednesday. I will just give a try tomorrow without appointment. I am expecting the worst but hoping for the best.
I will let you know after tomorrow.
----floating

floating said:
I am going to go to Tampa Office as Walk-In tomorrow early morning for my PP stamping. I have as Inforpass appointment for 10/06/04 Wednesday. As because the approval letter says that I will have to go to Immigration Office on Tues/Thursday, I do not know they will do the stamping on Wednesday. I will just give a try tomorrow without appointment. I am expecting the worst but hoping for the best.
----floating
Floating.. I wish you the best in getting stamping done and truly appreciate your feedback after the experience -- which I hope will be a success.

HS, I have the same question (Charlotte Office) -- currently, I have an appt for 10/12/04 but would like to get my PP stamped sooner. Let me know if you learn anything.

HOMER-SIMPSON said:
Is an infopass appointment mandatory to get your PP stamped after 485 approval notice? Is a walk-in (albeit with several hours of waiting) still an option?
The InfoPass website says..
"Walk-ins:
Effective August 19, 2004, to speak with an Immigration Information Officer, you must make an appointment via the Internet at INFOPASS. You must bring the printout of your INFOPASS appointment and a photo ID with you. A number of persons can be served on a walk-in basis. Such visits should be limited to emergencies. Please note that you may have to wait several hours until you see an Immigration Officer. Our lobby is located at 6130 Tyvola Centre Drive, Charlotte, NC."

But the reality may be different.. Hence the question.
Has anyone done a walkin after INfoPass implementation???
Thanks!

Floating... how was your visit?

floating said:
----floating
Hi floating.. I look forward to your update to the Tampa office. Could you get your PP stamped? How was the visit?
Thanks!

Everything is fine..

I got my PP stamped w/o any trouble.
I drove 2 and 1/2 hours to go to Tampa and stood on line at 7:30am for 5 minutes, just at the time of opening.It took about 2 hours altogether from entry to exit.
I saw lot of people (customers) do not know english even. Lot of people in the US live in trailor homes, mobile homes and do not have land phone, and we are talking about internet. I do not think DHS will be able to make Infopass as close to mandatory.
About 20% of the people on the line had Infopass appointment.
However, try to reach the gate just before opening, you will be fine.
Good luck.
---Floating

floating said:
I got my PP stamped w/o any trouble.
I drove 2 and 1/2 hours to go to Tampa and stood on line at 7:30am for 5 minutes, just at the time of opening.It took about 2 hours altogether from entry to exit.
I saw lot of people (customers) do not know english even. Lot of people in the US live in trailor homes, mobile homes and do not have land phone, and we are talking about internet. I do not think DHS will be able to make Infopass as close to mandatory.
About 20% of the people on the line had Infopass appointment.
However, try to reach the gate just before opening, you will be fine.
Good luck.
---Floating
Hi FLoating! COngratulations on your stamping.
I am still waiting for the actual notice to arrive and I hope it will be here by monday latest. Would you mind listing what are the things I need to carry with me or prepare to go for the stamping? I am thinking PP (of course!), 2 photos in passport format, the approval notice. ANything else? past H1s etc?
Thanks again for the reassuring assessment and I will make sure I will reach way before the opening and will report back! Enjoy your GC!

Required documents...

In tampa Office they only asked for I-94s, Passport, and 2 copies of Passport size photograph.
The photo standard has been changed as you know. But took both types for in case.
I do not know much about Charlotte Office. I think if you take the following documents with you that should do it.
1. Passport, which should be valid at least for 6 months
2. Two passport size photographs
3. All EADs
4. All old/new APs
5. I-94s
6. Any approval letters you have from DHS, like H1, H4, etc.
And
#7. YOU with your sleepy eyes!!
Good luck.
----Floating

Passport size photograhs

Floating,

Did you take photographs as specified in the approval letter (right side with ears shown) or the frontal view. Please let me know ...

Thanks

budboy said:
HS, I have the same question (Charlotte Office) -- currently, I have an appt for 10/12/04 but would like to get my PP stamped sooner. Let me know if you learn anything.

Budboy,
Hold on to your appointment..
Infopass is strictly implemented at Charlotte effective Oct 1.
Good luck

Thanks H-S, for the clarification. Will wait for the appt date.

HOMER-SIMPSON said:
Budboy,
Hold on to your appointment..
Infopass is strictly implemented at Charlotte effective Oct 1.
Good luck