is immigrant petition per employer ?

h1issue

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for my H1 Extension thru my employer1. Given that, my husband has filed immigrant petition for me thru his employer2, I would like to know what should be answered for a question in the I-129 :

Have you ever filed an immigrant petition for any person in this petition?

h1issue said:
I am applying for my H1 Extension thru my employer1. Given that, my husband has filed immigrant petition for me thru his employer2, I would like to know what should be answered for a question in the I-129 :

Have you ever filed an immigrant petition for any person in this petition?
----- It seems that your spouse got his LC cleared then employer filed his I-140 and your spuse filed I-485 and you filed your derivative I-485 with your spouse I-485, if that is true then if YOUR employer has filed I-140 for you then your answer will be YES if your employer has not filed I-140 for you then write NO

Irrespective whether you have filed an immigrant petition on your own, or through your spouse, you have still filed an immigrant petition. I would think, your answer should be yes.

nshalady said:
Irrespective whether you have filed an immigrant petition on your own, or through your spouse, you have still filed an immigrant petition. I would think, your answer should be yes.
I-140 is the immigration petition, if that is fied for her then reply is YES if I-140 is NOT filed then reply is NO.
If question is if she has filed application to adjust status or filed I-485 then she has to anser YES