Is Green Card worth (Freedom!! , as we think) anymore?

This whole world is like a hell/prison house. Everybody is suffering in one way or another way. Please do your prescribed duties and left everything else on GOD.

what kind of Business

CoolDesiDude

What kind of business do you do man over the internet... How did you get started.. How do you know about these oppurtunities

- Srini

Srini,

I generate sales for many ecommerce merchants by linking to them from my websites (>25) or from advertisements in various search engines and get paid commission/bounty for the sales/leads i generate ...This is called as 'affiliate marketing'.

How did i get started ? - i was always interested in internet and running sites from 2000 but i became serious only last year !

I cannot give urls due to obvious competitive reasons but here is a clue - most likely you will land in my sites when you search for hotels or dvds or life/health insurance or real estate in google or yahoo or AOL or Earthlink :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact is that the way things are going in India, the advantages and disadvantages of going back and coming here are reducing fast.
I know a few folks who are going back to India (On Jobs offered by US companies or on transfers) in this year. Things are pretty good there too if you live in metro's. Bangalore(and also Noida), the salaries are so good that you can easily maintain a very good standard of living, better then you can do here. You can maintain a gardner, domestic helps etc easily.
The Company I work for here, had an office in G Noida and it was cool and better than this office. Add to it the Desi food you get..
In fact this time, I also saw almost everyone having mobiles. Even some autorickshaw folks.
Not on one day, I missed my stay here. Power cuts happen but did not find it a big deal and I think they were less since inverter did a pretty good job being winters. Can't say how it will be in Summers though.
I visited some friends this time, who had gone back couple of years back and they are well settled and are happy.
of-course my kids, find it Noisy and dirty there which is understandable since even I do for first couple of days.

This place also has so many advantages.

Hard to decide what to do but my intent is to stick here and try for GC and then try a stint there and see how it goes. If nothing else you have it as an insurance.
I think it might be a good idea to go in for Dual citizenship etc but I am so far off from there..
I did not think, that people who are there are missing anything if they are in IT and good companies(esp MNC). Anyway, the rupee might appreciate too which will be even better for them.

Even though we know that Indian economy is booming, IT jobs are plenty and US jobs are reducing.

We still want to stick here and people still want to come here and settle down here . Why???? including me.

Are we scared to go back.? or the boom in India is temporary?

Guys, enough of nonsence, I think the bottom line is:

As long as 1 dollar > 1 Rupee (or any other currency), people will stick to the currency which is greater.

Yes, for some, Indian economy is booming for some, for some, things are not as easy as in US. But let the currency picture change and we will see who does what.

We have to be realistic, we live in society which respects only money.

This is of course my take on the whole thing

WIN

Funny thing is everybody stays here and wonders why others are not leaving and going to home country.

I am working for a big Indian IT firm and am in project which ends only in 2010. My company wants me to work here till the project is compeleted and after getting Citizenship they want me to work for them in India.

That is the reason I do not want to leave for the time being.

But I am talking about others who are crying for GC here and also telling others why should they stay here if there are no opportunities.