Is going to India on valid H1-B possible and advisable? (I-140 approved, I485-pending, EAD present)

whatsupsbk

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Your advice is greatly needed and appreciated. Can you please answer the following?

I have a valid H1-B and my wife has valid H4. My kid is a US citizen (yet to get an Indian visa for the kid).

1. My I-140 is approved, filed on EB-3
2. I-485 was denied earlier, filed for MTR and it was accepted and now my I-485 is pending, although, my wife's I-485 still says "Denial notice sent", I'm not sure why USCIS did not bring my wife's I-485 also back into pending as I am the primary applicant.
3. My H1-B extension was recently approved and I'm yet to receive the approval notice.
4. I and my wife have a valid EAD card
5. I am on W-2 with my employer, i.e. working on H1-B, not using EAD

Here are my questions:

1. I would like to go to India with my family in May and I would like to know if it is possible to go to India and come back on H1-B.
2. Do I need an Advance Parole to go to India?
3. Will I be questioned about my Green card processing, 485 etc. while re-entering at the port of entry?
4. I and my wife also need to get our H1-B and H4 extension visa stamped if I go to India, correct? If so, will the consulate in India ask any questions about my Green card? Will they jeopardize my H1-B?
5. Apart from Indian visa, what do I need for my kid to go to India and come back without any immigration problems?

Thanks a lot for your advice.

H1b is dual intent visa. U r kid needs indian visa. U need to bring u r tax returns and pay stubs to us consulate. Thats all need. Now cheer up. ALSO NEED AP