Is going to hawaii risky

Is going to hawaii risky if I 485 pending, and valid H1 visa not stamped on passport?

Not really. It counts as travel within the USA. So it would be no different to say travelling to florida. You don't actually need a passport for travel within the USA, a drivers licence should be adequate.

You can go to Hawaii but you cannot swim in the pacific ocean/beach as that may not be US territory and may jeopardize your I-485....

That is funny :D

Doesn't each country have about 12 nautical miles of Ocean water, bordering the country, under its control?

You can go to Hawaii but you cannot swim in the pacific ocean/beach as that may not be US territory and may jeopardize your I-485....

Thats funny, I was really worried about being able to swim in the pacific ocean:) , but u saved me:D

anyways I know hawaii comes in USA but heard from some one that if visa is not stamed it might cause a problem, so was just clearing my doubts, and i guess that is what forums are for.

That is funny :D

Doesn't each country have about 12 nautical miles of Ocean water, bordering the country, under its control?

Yeah, so you can go swimming but be careful with deep sea fishing!

On a serious note, these rules can be so quirky and everyone of us would like to keep to them. It is always better to check and be sure.

How dare you?

Go to hawaa - eee, prior to your green card!
You have no moral right to enjoy life till u get the green card!

BTW, You dont need anything except your DL (or any other ID)
to travel to Hawaai.

Enjoy!

EB2

only valid ID require

HI sweety!
I just came back from HI yesterday:D
Oh trust me it is a must seen place
:D

My i485 is also in pending.
on airport they only ask for a valid ID

as long as you have a valid id you should be fine

and if you are going to HI
you should and must go to Maui. small beautifull island
and then rent a car and go to Hanna for a DAy

next day do the Snorkling ( they put you in the middle of ocean so you can see the fishes and swim like a fish)

swimming is not necessory for this
i dont know swimming.

i will not recomend Honolulu. Because i just got board there
it is too commercial.

Thats funny, I was really worried about being able to swim in the pacific ocean:) , but u saved me:D

anyways I know hawaii comes in USA but heard from some one that if visa is not stamed it might cause a problem, so was just clearing my doubts, and i guess that is what forums are for.

HI sweety!
I just came back from HI yesterday:D
Oh trust me it is a must seen place
:D

My i485 is also in pending.
on airport they only ask for a valid ID

as long as you have a valid id you should be fine

and if you are going to HI
you should and must go to Maui. small beautifull island
and then rent a car and go to Hanna for a DAy

next day do the Snorkling ( they put you in the middle of ocean so you can see the fishes and swim like a fish)

swimming is not necessory for this
i dont know swimming.

i will not recomend Honolulu. Because i just got board there
it is too commercial.

Thanks a lot Sadshaq, the information really helps. U helped me make a decision about going to maui.
Thanks again.

Bring your I-485 receipt just in case you end up in a situation where you have to prove that you are not here illegally.

Priority Dates Retrogression Issues > Is going to hawaii risky

Bring your I-485 receipt just in case you end up in a situation where you have to prove that you are not here illegally.

what if i have my EAD card with me, still I-485 receipt is necessary to prove i am legal in US.