Is everyone must getting the REF before approve?

sicker

Registered Users (C)
Is everyone must getting the RFE before approve?

just curious. because i have not heard anything from uscis for a period since the LUD was just done for the BIO. thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
NO, everyone does NOT get an RFE before approval.
Many of us in this forum do get an RFE, but if you search through you'll also see some who get approved after their BIO without an RFE.

i didnot receive any REF

i was approved very fast after the bio,

ND : FEB 2001
FP : APR 2004
BIO : AUG 2 2005
EMAIL APPROVAL : AUG 16
CARD RECEIVED ON : AUG 23

sicker said:
just curious. because i have not heard anything from uscis for a period since the LUD was just done for the BIO. thanks for sharing!

You should call call USCIS as soon as possible. As my experince, you can call USCIS if you heared nothing from USCIS after 60 days pssing your submitting RFE.

asluser said:
You should call call USCIS as soon as possible. As my experince, you can call USCIS if you heared nothing from USCIS after 60 days pssing your submitting RFE.
but i never received the RFE.

asluser said:

Asluser, No help. The morons will look up the processing date and go Oh we are still processing 03/00 cases..check back in 10 yeras..

wantmygcnow said:
Asluser, No help. The morons will look up the processing date and go Oh we are still processing 03/00 cases..check back in 10 yeras..

It is hard to say. But I can share a case of mine with you. A friend sent RFI to USCIS on 8/12. We can't see any case status update till 9/8. I called in to Lincoln with reason of checking the mail missing or not. I was told the mail was in system on 8/18. On 9/9, the status was updated and on 9/15 the case was approved.

Calling USCIS may cause them to pay attention for your case. It is important to call into Lincoln. The key is to find some reasons to pass by the national center who give you general info.

asluser said:
It is hard to say. But I can share a case of mine with you. A friend sent RFI to USCIS on 8/12. We can't see any case status update till 9/8. I called in to Lincoln with reason of checking the mail missing or not. I was told the mail was in system on 8/18. On 9/9, the status was updated and on 9/15 the case was approved.

Calling USCIS may cause them to pay attention for your case. It is important to call into Lincoln. The key is to find some reasons to pass by the national center who give you general info.

i called the NSC last month. a jacked ass woman just told me" oh u need to wait, we are now processing XXXXXXXXX.... and u will receive a decision in XXXXXX......mtf

sicker said:
i called the NSC last month. a jacked ass woman just told me" oh u need to wait, we are now processing XXXXXXXXX.... and u will receive a decision in XXXXXX......mtf

I have called into NSC twice. 1st time, a lady was very nice and told me to call back after 30m days if there was nothing. 2nd time, a man treated me very rude. He said to me that he was not for checking status and gave me nothing.

sicker said:
Although the last of the night the sun will always Rise no matter what! :D so be patien ps: patience has a bitter taste but his fruit is delicious :rolleyes: :D hum hum

I have the same problem, I sent the REF one month ago and no any update of my case status, and I called uscis today, the lady told me "you"ll be fine, just wait, you can call again after 60 days if the case status still not changed". But I still worried, do you think I just wait another 30 days?

And, Asluser, could you please let me know what's the number of Lincoln office that I can call, it's good idea to call Lincoln , thank you,