Is EAD renewal @VSC (not local office) delayed? can someone tell me clearly?

Looks like

only the same day issuance process is abolished. The Service Centers will be processing it as they were previously with a potential increase in the processing time due to the additional checks.
This is my understanding

Yes, the EAD renewal process has been delayed for some reasons and am in the same boat. I called up an IIO on 11-20-2002 @ 1.00EST. She told me that the cards would take atleast a month and I got to hang in there for a while. Until, you have the EAD approval notice or receipt, she told that it would be fine. Atleast, that's a comfort.

I also asked the status on my case, she told me that it's pending as they are processing Sept'01 cases. Technically, mine is an August case, but she told me that it's an October case. So, the waiting continues. I did not want to ask "How long ?", it would mean nothing from the IIO after all.

Thanks for the info...

2 Q(s)
1. does it mean if we have the EAD receipt it would be fine to work?
2. The one month frame is from receipt date?

I would appreciate the reply..

No, mine expired on the 3rd Nov. My receipt was in Oct 27th. She told that it would be fine until the case is with us getting processed. There is no harm done when this is the case. I am not sure whether this is really true, but somewhat makes sense.

Hope this helps.

Sai_108
RD: 08-14-2001
ND: 10-11-2001
FP: 07-18-2002