Is courtesy copy enough??

insjinx

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I want to go to Dallas (Stemmons Fwy) location for stamping on Monday. Just received my courtesy copy of AOS approval today. It clearly states:

"This courtesy copy may not be used in lieu of official notification to demonstrate the filing or processig action taken on this case"

Yet I have heard folks going for stamping using just courtesy copy. For reasons of extreme urgency I don't want to postpone my stamping or wait till lawyer gets the original.

Can I go with courtesy copy? Has anyone done this and got stamping at Dallas? Has anyone been asked to come back with original approval notice? Please let me know.

Regards
-insjinx

P.S. If all goes well, I will share with you all the "extreme urgency" with yawl so we can have a laugh.

I went in with the courtesy copy, and it was all cool, no problem at all. This was in Charlotte, btw. I know, that "may not be used in lieu of official...." part confused me too, but I have yet to hear of anyone who got turned back w/ the courtesy copy.

gO FOR IT

My otherwise fantastic lawyer mailed me my original approval notices 1 week after my plastic cards were received by me. Atlanta took our courtesy approval notices without a question.

Courtesy copy OK at Stemmons Office..

Courtesy copy is OK. In the beginning of the approval notice, it is mentioned that you can "take this copy along with I 94.....".

But no idea why the copy is called courtesy copy and why the caveat that "may not be used in lieu of official....blah blah"

Like anything else we know dealing with the immigration stuff, the confusion never ends..

I'm guessing "may not be used in lieu of official...." means you cannot use this letter to travel and enter the country.....again just a guess.

I used the coutesy copy to get stamped at the Dallas office couple of days back. There was no problem.