is consular processing a good option in my case?

edh

Registered Users (C)
Former J-1, currently on O-1, have filed HHS research J-1 waiver in January 2004, results still pending. I am married to USC for three years, we have a child.
If my waiver gets approved we plan to file for AOS based on marriage, and I need to know the right answer for the following questions:.

Questions:
Is consular processing (CP) a better option than AOS within USA? I understand CP can be done in certain cases, and it is a faster way to greencard, but I am not sure if we qualify for this. And if we do, how long would it take to get a greencard this way?

If we file for AOS here in USA, but afterwards we decide to go for CP, would this create a problem?

And last, how long after the approval a of such J-1 waiver do I have to stay to my current place of work?

I applied for adjustment of status in USA after obtaining J1 waiver, as soon as you apply for AOS you can leave the present job, provided the waiver is approved

Last edited by a moderator:
I got j1 hardship waiver, after mailing my application for AOS my J1 was invalid therefore I had to discontinue my 4th year of fellowship.