Is change of residence Ok while 485 pending

rk9

Registered Users (C)
Is change of residence OK while 485 is pending? I mean, once my PD becomes current, would the 485 be delayed because of change of residence? Would I be getting any RFE based on this change of Residence. I have been contemplating about this change of residence since a long time.

My PD ->
May2001 (EB3)

thanks,
RK9.

It is OK but USCIS will keep sending letters to your old address

It is OK to change residence during I-485 processing stage. Please make sure you file AR11 address change form and call 1-800- Help? number to intimate the address change as well as write to the service center or district office where your application is pending.

I did all that but still FP notices, interview letters were being sent to my old address and being returned to USCIS. My attorney received copies of all those letters (luckily for me, he had not changed his address) and kept informing me. The "Wise men/women" in USCIS neither check the file to look at the address change information nor look up the current address in their computers before sending out any letters :mad:

There is no problem in changind the address. I changed mine 3 times. I send AR11 form plus I call service center and tell them the change of address in 485 and all other pending applications. They do the address change in all pending applications so you need to tell them all petitions pending wiht USCIS. Within two weeks you receive the acknowledgement from USCIS about the address change in all petitions.
If you dont get the acknowledgement then you need to contact them again and make sure that its done.

Good Luck.

rk9 said:
Is change of residence OK while 485 is pending? I mean, once my PD becomes current, would the 485 be delayed because of change of residence? Would I be getting any RFE based on this change of Residence. I have been contemplating about this change of residence since a long time.

My PD ->
May2001 (EB3)

thanks,
RK9.