Is change of address required for 140/H1?

atlantabhopali

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I had moved since getting my H1 and also 140 approval. However, my 485 application submitted earlier this year has the latest address.

1. Do I still need to update my address on H1/140? Aren't h1/140 employer's applications? If so, where can i get instructions/ar-11 forms?

2. I expect my h1 to be cancelled anytime now as I have changed employers after 180+ days of filing 485. What if BCIS sends me a cancellation notice at my old address mentioned in h1 file and it is returned as I do not live there anymore?

appreciate ur response. anyone with similar experience?

regards,

-ab

WHen you move, there are two reasons and two places to report the address change:

1. To BCIS, if you have a case pending with them (so that any communication is sent to the new address).

2. Fill out form AR-11 and send it to the address on the form (I believe it used to be in Washington DC but is now in Kentucky).

No. 1 is required only if you have a pending case and as jaxen mentioned, the H1-B is not your appl. and would be sent to your employer. So nothing to worry about that.

However, you still need to fill out AR-11 within 10 days of the move (this is required even after you obtain your greencard). The form can be downloaded from the BCIS website www.bcis.gov.

K.S.