Is cell Phone allowed inside INS SFO

ranisu2003

Registered Users (C)
My husband has received his approval notice on 07/02/04 and was waiting for my approval to come. Since, I did not have any luck for a week or so, we decided that he should go for stamping alone as there is no point of waiting for my approval. He will be going to SFO for stamping. We had few question to clarify with you and your help will be highly appreciated.
Q1> Is any prior appointment necessary to go for stamping or someone can go and stand in the queue.
Q2> Is cell phone (does not have camera in it) allowed in Sansome SFO INS office (approval notice has this address)

He is planning to go on 14th July, will keep you posted with the results.

Regards
Ranisu2003
wac02217*****
done 2nd FP 06/12/04
H# wac02105*****
AD 07/02/04

Going early is okay. You may get lucky and have no one question you. A colleague of mine went early last week and said he was planning a vacation and that's why he had to come in earlier than scheduled.

They asked to see his travel itinerary, and even though he didn't have one, they let him in. It honestly depends on the day itself.

Cell phones must be turned off once inside the bldg.

Thank you very much for your response. Approval letter does not specify any date to go for stamping. So, I am not sure about "going early" statement. I believe, unlike FP, for approval, we can go on anyday and stand in the queue. If I understand correctly, we do not require any appointment to go for stamping in SFO.
Regards
ranisu2003
wac02217*****

seems like wong561hb is talking about some other approval or maybe an interview.

ranisu2003, regarding your Qs -
Q1> There doesn't seem to be a way to make an appt at SFO. The only way is to go and stand in the queue.
Q2> Cell phones (without camera) are fine and can absolutely be used within the building. I have used it and there's no mention anywhere not to use cell phones within the building.

Oops. Sorry - I was way off - I was looking up 2nd FP threads and assumed yours was the same. Yes, there are no scheduled interview times for PP stamping - have at it any time, any day.

Congrats

:D

As for cell phones - I was told to switch mine off....but it looks like it may differ day to day since "nimatramatra01" was allowed to use his/hers.

in sjc monterey office they made it clear that use of cell phones inside the building will result in $100 fine.

cell phone with camera not allowed

If your cell phone has a camera , they don;t even allow you to carry it even if it is turned off.

Also make sure you don't carry key chains that has small knife like objects.