Is CAMERA allowed to take pictures on the OATH day ?

Yes, still and video cameras are all allowed.

Well, not all places. Govt building and court doesn't allow video cameras or digital cameras. Any cameras are allowed at stadium, fairgrounds, basketball court or any event that doesn't have restrictions.

You can bring cameras.. if they say cameras are not allowed, then you keep them in your vehicles.

I took pictures on 2 different Oath ceremonies during last 2-3 month.
On the first one I and other people were taking pictures during the entire seremony.
On the second one we were told not to take pictures before the judge's special permission.
In both cases a security of buildings allow cameras.

Pictures at the naturalization ceremony with name change at the court were allowed for a friend of mine. Worst case scenario, you return the camera to the car.

What was strange: Digital cameras were ok, cell phone cameras were not ok.

It would have been nice for the original poster to come back and clarify which office handled his/her naturalization. It seems from other posts that it might be Portland Oregon.

It depends. When my cousin went to his naturalization, I was NOT allowed to take any pictures because it was inside a federal courthouse.
but we took many pictures afterwards, standing on the courthouse steps... the judge even came out to the stpes and posed with everybody.

for my ceremony, which happened at a USCIS office, cameras/camcorders of all types were allowed(digital, DSLR, cell phone, etc) The
persons taking the oath weren't allowed to hold the cameras, but family/friends were clicking away like it was a press conference. As
each person was handed the naturalization certificate, the USCIS manager allowed plenty of time for each person to pose for a picture
with her, in front of the USA flag! Outside of the USCIS, we didnt' take any pictures... because it was just a very boring office building
in an office park. (just a note, they do inspect your cameras/camcorder as they run them through the X-ray machin upon entering)