Is applying GC a crime?

dashDurai

Registered Users (C)
I am unable to understand the process of GC.

Why we need advance parole?

i understand if you have valid h1b. you don't have to apply AP. However why we need Advance parole... why can't they just allow whoever have EAD can fly multipule number of times back-and-forth from their home country and usa?

i thought only people who made crimes and if they are in jail .. they use Parole... why we required to use?

Is applying GC a crime?

-dashDurai.

You've answered your own question. If not a crime, then why do we have to go through this mental agony day-in-day-out?

simple

simple my friend simple.

If you don't have AP how do they make additional money on you? Also, its one more excuse to delay 485 - I am sure some resources go into validating and creating and mailing AP.

Don't you know INS or BCIS or UCIS or something else... does not know how to make process improvements? If they did, we would have been a happier crowd.

dashDurai

I agree with you, why are there so many unncessary steps in the GC process.

Why do they even need to issue EAD, they can just issue conditional work authorization and travel authorization card/document with the I-485 receipt notice. These ducoments will be withdrawn or invalidated with the approval or denial of the I-485. I don't know what they do if they issue fresh one year EAD and AP and after a month tey deny the I-485. They can do the same by issuing conditional EAD and AP with I-485 receipt. But, no they want to make our life difficult and make more money and also show that they have work to do.

dashDurai,

By providing EAD spanning multiple years and also used as a travel document makes our life simple....which is not their goal. They just want to keep milking us as long and hard they want.

What's worse is renewing these documents itself takes half a year, so one needs to apply months after receiving the renewed document in order to avoid gaps.

Read this article posted by cintahttp://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=116902&page=4

Guys, All of your frustation is understandable, but think from INS point of view. Its a situation like Parents imposing some rules and conditions to their children and children dont like restrictions on them. We are thinking from children point of view. we can understand totally if we think from parent's
point of view.

Let me take another example here. why do we have to register our automotive car every year. This is becuase, car can be used as a weapon to hit and kill somebody. By registering every year, Govt. is having upto date information about a person holding the car. Especially owner's current address and status.

Similarly, EAD and AP are two different things and GC processing is like a background processing of getting a permanent residentship while you are working on valid documents like work authorization H1, L1, EAD or any other work visas and Travelling like AP.

After applying 485, if one is given liberty of working and travelling free and a person commits crime. A person can very well change address and hide somewhere after applying 485. Applying EAD and AP yearly is a process which helps them to keep upto date information about a person. similary 2nd FP too. During the entire processing stage, INS learns that our skills are very much required in united states, A person will not become public charge, a person meets all of its requirement to become perm. resident and eventually citizen then they issue what is called GC which ultimately can become eligibility to apply for citizenship.

Remember, Applying and Acquiring a GC is a privilege and not a right.

It is also a fact that there are unexpected delays by USCIS for adjudication of applications.

Guys...I am not trying to be critical here. its just that I expressed my views.

Thanks....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said....

But I can bet that your views will be changed in next 6 months (Provided you still waiting for your GC approval)!

Sky_Drow said:
Guys, All of your frustation is understandable, but think from INS point of view. Its a situation like Parents imposing some rules and conditions to their children and children dont like restrictions on them. We are thinking from children point of view. we can understand totally if we think from parent's
point of view.

Let me take another example here. why do we have to register our automotive car every year. This is becuase, car can be used as a weapon to hit and kill somebody. By registering every year, Govt. is having upto date information about a person holding the car. Especially owner's current address and status.

Similarly, EAD and AP are two different things and GC processing is like a background processing of getting a permanent residentship while you are working on valid documents like work authorization H1, L1, EAD or any other work visas and Travelling like AP.

After applying 485, if one is given liberty of working and travelling free and a person commits crime. A person can very well change address and hide somewhere after applying 485. Applying EAD and AP yearly is a process which helps them to keep upto date information about a person. similary 2nd FP too. During the entire processing stage, INS learns that our skills are very much required in united states, A person will not become public charge, a person meets all of its requirement to become perm. resident and eventually citizen then they issue what is called GC which ultimately can become eligibility to apply for citizenship.

Remember, Applying and Acquiring a GC is a privilege and not a right.

It is also a fact that there are unexpected delays by USCIS for adjudication of applications.

Guys...I am not trying to be critical here. its just that I expressed my views.

Thanks....

No my dear, my views will never change especially in post 9/11 times or unless USCIS do something unfair at a different level.

Its a crystal clear case where Innocents are affected due to mentality of some unkown small group in this world.

All the best for those who are waiting for approval including me.. :)

rawager said:
simple my friend simple.

If you don't have AP how do they make additional money on you? Also, its one more excuse to delay 485 - I am sure some resources go into validating and creating and mailing AP.

Don't you know INS or BCIS or UCIS or something else... does not know how to make process improvements? If they did, we would have been a happier crowd.

Process Improvements!! Remember SEI CMM, you can make process improvements only if you have a process in place, i.e. you gotta be in Level 4 and 5 to make any continuous improvements, they are probably not even in Level 1!! Maybe they haven't heard about processes and CMM, ISO etc.

I485 is the application for Permanent Residency
EAD is the document that authorizes you to work.
So now we are missing one document that will allow you to travel.
Guess what!!.. thats the "Advance Parole"

Its that simple, where is the confusion?

I also had this thought once, when people on H1b can use H1b stamp for work and use it as travel document, what stops INS from making EAD same?
Couldn't think of a solid reason..

thanks for the responses... 160$ is not small money. for AP..

and every year... nowadays the trend is 485 takes 4 years.. so we spent 700$ + picture every time 50 so 200$ for this non-sense... thing.

i think it's because when you come back, you'd be considered to have the intent to immigrate. So unless you have H or some other types of visa, you won't be admitted.

And you need this wonderful creation of "advanced parole".

The current situation with AP (and AOS, etc) really sucks. If they want to check me up, fine. I'm clean. If they want my money to check me up. No problem-here it is. But to hold someone for 6 months for a piece of paper that is valid for one year? That's just insane. For people who travels frequently, this is unbearble.

Perhaps it reflects the nature of immigration laws. After all, they are not make for the convenience of "the aliens".

But hey, many years later, you may tell your grandson that, once upon a time, you were "parole". And he may say "cool". Whatever.

san_1 said:
I also had this thought once, when people on H1b can use H1b stamp for work and use it as travel document, what stops INS from making EAD same?
Couldn't think of a solid reason..

Just to split hairs, the H1 visa stamp is NOT the document used to work. It is the I-94 and/or h1 approval notice. There are technically separate documents for H1 travel and H1 work.
Green card/temp GC stamp on the other hand fits this description, it is useable for both travel and work authorization.

nkm-oct23 said:
Just to split hairs, the H1 visa stamp is NOT the document used to work. It is the I-94 and/or h1 approval notice. There are technically separate documents for H1 travel and H1 work.
Green card/temp GC stamp on the other hand fits this description, it is useable for both travel and work authorization.
You are missing the point! The topic of discussion is, why can't we have one document that serves both purpose and valid till we get GC?

I guess, this kind of process improvement requires systematic thinking which the CIS are incapable of, or unwilling to do. They will probably say, the Congress need to approve this. Red tape!!!

I140_2003 said:
You are missing the point! The topic of discussion is, why can't we have one document that serves both purpose and valid till we get GC?

I guess, this kind of process improvement requires systematic thinking which the CIS are incapable of, or unwilling to do. They will probably say, the Congress need to approve this. Red tape!!!

I agree! There is no sane reason why there should be 2 documents, one for travel and another for employment.