Is AOS not eligible for Mortgage loan??

SVSS

Registered Users (C)
Guys ,

May be a dumb question is AOS not an eligible status to apply for a Mortgage Loan??

I know H1B is eligible

Your thoughts plz

Originally posted by SVSS
May be a dumb question is AOS not an eligible status to apply for a Mortgage Loan?? I know H1B is eligible. Your thoughts plz

All depends on your lender. There's no law on the books - lenders will happily grant a mortgage to a B-2 alien if there's a good chance that they can make the payments.

As long as the lendor is willing, any one is eligible for morgage. Normally, lendors will see how long you are here, what is your credit history and what is your current salary etc. If H1 guys are getting morgage, we surely can get two mortgages.

Well I got a diff reply

I was trying to get a preapproval on a Mortgage loan from ELOAN and all was well untill she asked me my status .

I said I am on AOS(I knew they would not know it)
I mentioned EAD(I-765 I knew that would be no use too)

She said the credit history is excellent but we dont apporve till you get your green card and put my process in withdrawl mode not to affect my history

I mentioned I am a step ahead of H1B (atleast status wise) it dint help

well this is another pain in the "@#%$^&" for AOS I guess !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Well I got a diff reply

Just need to find another lender. They obviously don't want your business badly enough.

Go thru a regular bank

Apply mortgage thru a regular bank that uses Fennie Mae or Freddie Mac.

You can get approval while in any status as long as your credit history and repaying power has been analyzed.

Although we applied while we were in H1 status, our loan agent specifically asked for our 485 receipt notices to strengthen our load application.

mortgage without green card

I know 1 person who got it while still on I140, so there should be no issue. You need to look for an appropriate lender I guess. I know a couple of others who had definitely not got a GC yet - so AOS should not be an issue

Hi SVSS

I just got a loan from Mortgage company in Maryland, also I got approved from Bank of America. Try them. Bank of America guys know this I-485, only thing they ask for is EAD card and I485 receipt.

Mortgage!

Don't tell them about 485, EAD and those jargons that even we have difficulty following!

Tell the lender that you are an alien authorized to work in this country and you can prove your legality by providing supporting documents. This should do, I hope!

I have a mortgage for a few years now and the above step is what I followed. I applied for my 485 at that time and gave them the copies of it.

it is eligible..

you might need to get a letter from your employer that your employement is of permenent nature and they expect you to get your permenent residency soon.

it is definitely eligible

just mention that you are close to being a "permanent resident" and until then , authorised to work using your visa. Just mention that you have supporting documentation for all of this.

good luck.

I guess lenders are different from each other.

I got my first loan 3 years ago when I was newly hired with H1 visa and they never asked for GC. Recently I did a refinacing with another lender and the broker asked about my status. I explained to him and he just took my A#. Not every lender cares about if you have a GC or if you are a citizen or not. The more important thing to them is if you have good credit history and if you are able to make payments.
Anyway, try another lender if this one doesn't want your business just because you don't have GC. No problem.

Re: Well I got a diff reply

Just mention that you have an Alien Number. My loan officer asked me to fax me a doc. that had my alien# on it.

I was trying to get a preapproval on a Mortgage loan from ELOAN and all was well untill she asked me my status .

I said I am on AOS(I knew they would not know it)
I mentioned EAD(I-765 I knew that would be no use too)

She said the credit history is excellent but we dont apporve till you get your green card and put my process in withdrawl mode not to affect my history

I mentioned I am a step ahead of H1B (atleast status wise) it dint help

We had similar problems with Coldwell Banker. But we were able to convince them about our status and our Lawyer even faxed a letter about our status. You may be having problems because nowadays lot of people are refinancing and the mortgage companies have their hands full. Try some other place or get a letter from you lawyer.

I got a preapproval from ELOAN

and I am in the same boat. I told them , I am on work visa and applied for green card. No problem..

I think they got confused with AOS terminology..

thanks...

Thanks all of you ...appreciate it..

I dont want make this link to a marketing one!!!!

SVSS

I hear you and your right but just in case you need help do feel free after all we are here to help each other be it what the issues are after all we all need to united on all fronts.

Take care