Is anyone in a situation where his own I-485 has been approved while his spouse\'s has not?

mji

My I-485 at NSC was approved yesterday (please refer to my posting on 3/28/01). However, my wife\'s case (as a derivative beneficiary) has not been approved yet in accordance with what I was told by an IIO just a few minutes ago. Is there anyone in a similar situation? How longer will a derivative\'s case take for approval than a directive\'s, if they are not approved simultaneously? Thanks,

Mji

No Title

yes, My application is approved and my wife application is transfered to Local INS office.

No Title

My husband was approved and my case(as dependent) was transferred to local Ins Detroit. I had the interview after 1 month and approved.

No Title

What are the reason(s)when your spouse case is not approved with you? Is it just pending paper work from INS or missing document in your spouse file, which you need to submit with RFE.

No Title

Got a RFE for my spouse\'s case.. Anbody else in the same boat where primary application has been approved but spouse has got a RFE ?..

No Title

My case was approved on April 12th . My Wife\'s case (Dependent) was transferred to Chicago on April 13th.
Does anyone know the reason why a case could be transferred to the local office?
If anyone has a similar case, please share your experience with the group.

Thanks In advance.

No Title

hi babesguy,

my wifes case was transfered to local INS office, She is scheduled for an interview on 25th of this month. I will keep you guys posted about our exp...

No Title

People,

Q :How do you guy know, your spouse\'s case have been transfered to local INS office ?

Q:Did you hear from AVM system or you receive the letter ?
If you hear from AVM (receive the letter), what the message (letter) say ?

Thank advance for share your experience.

No Title

I heard it on AVM , Summary of the message is
"This case was transferred to our Local INS office in Chicago on April 13, The local office will send you written notice when the decision is made, If you have any questions call 1-800-375-5283"

The 800 number is genral info, no specific information on the case.

No Title

Affidavit for Birth from Parent/Relative. We had submitted Birth certificate.. Looks like they are asking for one affidavit along with the certificate..

No Title

Did the birth cartificate has all details,
like name,parents(both) names, date of registration etc?

If any of these is missing then I guess INS needs two
affidavits along with the Birth Certificate(with missing info).

No Title

hi onh1,
In which city, interview is scheduled? I\'d heard it takes about 1-2 yrs if application gets tarnsferred to Local INS Office. But it doesn\'t seems true in your case since interview is on 25th. It is a good news. Maybe time varies from city to city. Any feedback will be appreciated.

No Title

I dont think that it takes years to get a interview when the application is transfered to local ins.My wife interview is scheduled on 25 th of this month,let us see what happens. I will keep you posted.