Is Any one out there whose PD < 01JAN98

NoGCYet03

Registered Users (C)
I am just Curious, because I thought I am one of those very few who is still waiting

My PD is Aug 2001.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is Jan23, 1998.

NoGCYet03 said:
I am just Curious, because I thought I am one of those very few who is still waiting

My PD is Aug 2001.

rd jan 2003
td (NYC) june 2004
EB3

priority date Jan 23, 1998

Mine is Jan'2000

My PD is Jan'2000.

It seems that I still need to wait 2 more years to get to my turn. Horrible situation.

So your are the one on whose case they decided cutoff, seeing ur case in the system

Akbari said:
rd jan 2003
td (NYC) june 2004
EB3

priority date Jan 23, 1998

I used a Substitute Labor with PD Nov 2000.
EB3 filed from Texas
I-140 ND: June 2004, Transferred to Philli July 2004, AD - ??
I-485 ND: June 2004, Transferred to Philli July 2004, AD - ??

Would my PD be the ND of the Labor or the filing of the 140/485 as I am using a Substitute labor ?

as per my understand

hai,
i am the silent reader of this forum. i want to know that my understanding is right or not. anyway let me tell you what i understood from this eb2 and eb3 retrogression.
i think this retrogression is to make us wait till they get next year quota.
i guess they retrogress the dates to 98,99 because they may not having enough quota for this year.for example if they retrogress to 2000, they might me few people who filed at 2000, if they get their labour cleared they will file for 140 and 485, then they can't issue the work permit since they r out of quota. that's why may be they retrogress to the year which no people remains in that year.

O bhaisa'b. It could be possible

It is possible that they may have seen a.......long forgotten case of mine and decided to set the cut off date.

Sukr. this way they looked at my case.

Silver lining for me.. but do not worry.. dark cloud will disappear for all of you guys once I shed my tears of joy.

all the best.

I have an approved labor with priority date earlier than the one I used to file with I485. Does that mean I could use the ealier priority date of the abandoned labor certificate?

PD is june 2001.

LC cleared in may 2004 ,applied for I485 in july2004.Been in the process for GC for 4 yrs ,looks like 4 more yrs to go :( if nothing else comes up.

None PD < 1Jan1998

So, apparantely there seems be no one (in any of the sites I have browsed), whose PD < 1Jan 1998 for EB3. The earliest seems to be - Jan 23, 1998;which also in beyond this cut-off date.
So, can we expect some movement next month in dates. Any thoughts !!!

Just keep calculating..looks like nothing's gonna change. There is no fixed pattern , so no calculation will work. Its Magic Jagron..if anything can be done..write to the senators to supports what ever bills that is giving some relief..do what works. I am frustrated....

rohit_bha said:
So, apparantely there seems be no one (in any of the sites I have browsed), whose PD < 1Jan 1998 for EB3. The earliest seems to be - Jan 23, 1998;which also in beyond this cut-off date.
So, can we expect some movement next month in dates. Any thoughts !!!

I highly doubt if the dates will move further soon. Even if nobody has posted with dates earlier than 01/01/1998, but we may have many in the BEC and the desi company will give the option for substitute labours. Only if the substitute labour is eliminated that we definately see some forward movement, else all we can do is to WAIT. This is just my opinion.

to_be_lucky said:
I highly doubt if the dates will move further soon. Even if nobody has posted with dates earlier than 01/01/1998, but we may have many in the BEC and the desi company will give the option for substitute labours. Only if the substitute labour is eliminated that we definately see some forward movement, else all we can do is to WAIT. This is just my opinion.

Why just Desi Companies? According some most of the layoffs happened in 2001 and 2002. Many people who were laid off had pending labor. Those companies can take the advantages of that now. If it is legitimate there is nothing wrong with that.