Is Affidavit Of Support For Dependents Required For Employment Based I-485?

jigesh

Registered Users (C)
In fact I had initially posted this question to I-485 forum but could not get reply - so I am posting it here. I hope I will get reply from those who have information/experience about it.

My I-140 got approved recently (VSC, I posted the time line earlier) under national interest waiver (EB-2 category). I have my wife and 4-yr old daughter as my dependents (H-4) with me (H-1B) here in the US.

While I submit I-485 for myself, I will need employment letter for me as a proof of financial support. What about I-485 of my wife and daughter? Will I need separate affidavits of support (like other family based immigrants do) for both of them or my employment letter and marriage/birth certificate (proving relations) are enough?

Thank you.

Jigesh

No Title

Your employment letter and marriage certificate will be needed. In addition, some consulates require an affidavit of support I-134, which is easy to fill. You will need it have it notarized.

No Title

Thank you, Marta. Since we are not opting for CP, I guess we won\'t need I-134. Thank you for your very useful information.

Jigesh

No Title

I-134. Sorry about the CP, I overlooked that you mentioned I-485. I guess I am still jetlagged from my trip. Good luck!

Jim

would you please tell me,,,,,
my husband is in the us, on a k3 visa,,,
now it is time to file the 485 adjustment of status,
we have already filed the *I-134 affidavit with the consulate of his country, and that was approved, and he acquired his visa, for a temporary 2 years,
while filing this adjustment of status, is the I-864 affidavit also necessary, to file along with the 485 adjustment of status,
i was told, it isn\'t needed, but then i read, that it is required along with the 485,,,,, please i need someone help.
my email is meb88@hotmail.com
if you could email me,,,,,, i would appreciate any help you can give,,,,,, thanks,,,, Mary