• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

is affdavit of support critical for CP?

benji731

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

CP on June 2009~

I am a F1 student in the US for over 6 years, I have no saving
and my dad pay for my tuition. However, he no longer has enough
CASH to put into my account for a "NICE BANK STATEMENT"

Even I am living in the US, but I can't find anyone who can be my a
affidavit of support as everyone has their own family need to take care of.

It is ok to have employee letter, but not easy to have a affidavit support.
Anyone can give me advice?

Thanks!
AS 23xxx

Don't worry. Sometimes the US immigration officers do not even ask for affidavit of support. It's your benefit that you are already in the states, so the green card will allow you to work here. And you will not depend on somebody.

Thanks!

Hi, everyone, please comments on what do you think about this affidavit support matter.

I emailed to embassy but hasn't got their reply yet.
Also, I looked back the first package and it doesn't say anything about the affidavit support is necessary.

1. Does anyone pass the interview without a affidavit support?
2. Is it only require for certain country that the living standard is not same level as US?
3. Any comments would be welcome

I know it would not be offical answer, but here is the only place
we can share information about DV green card

as23000

Hi, everyone, please comments on what do you think about this affidavit support matter.

I emailed to embassy but hasn't got their reply yet.
Also, I looked back the first package and it doesn't say anything about the affidavit support is necessary.

1. Does anyone pass the interview without a affidavit support?
2. Is it only require for certain country that the living standard is not same level as US?
3. Any comments would be welcome

I know it would not be offical answer, but here is the only place
we can share information about DV green card

as23000

I would think it will depends on your background and your country of origin. If you are coming from country with low GDP (below U.S living standard), you will be asked for affidavit of support or/and bank statement.

When I did my interview, the Lady who took my paper work told me that they need my 3 months bank statements even though I showed her an Affidavit of support. She said because I'm currently an F1 student in the U.S, affidavit of support is irrelevant. The affidavit is only good if you're not currently living in the U.S or it is your first time to the U.S. She insisted that I bring my 3 months bank statement from Bank of America, printed from the internet online banking, before the interview.

I hope that helps.

affidavit of support good but not necessary

it raelly depends with the embassy and not necessarily the leaving standard. I come from Kenya and last year had my CP without affidavit infact i tried to start the debate as to whether it is no longer necessary to have one but ddnt get responses. Iam not rich nor have high tech education and Iam sure the two days i went for interview(i ddnt have passport in the first interview so had to take it later) nobody was asked for it. so if you can get the affudavit it doesnt hurt but it isnt a must remember such a small thing cant make them deny you visa they just give u a form indicating what you need to bring to get visa. so if they insist youm have the option of bringing it later

hey, guys, in the caracas us embassy, they resquested the affidavit of support I-134 for me.. i show them my bank statements for about 21.000 usd pluus my properties in my country for about 20.000 usd, for me and my wife. what do you think about that?? I can't find anyone who can be my a
affidavit of support.. some advice..

hey, guys, in the caracas us embassy, they resquested the affidavit of support I-134 for me.. i show them my bank statements for about 21.000 usd pluus my properties in my country for about 20.000 usd, for me and my wife. what do you think about that?? I can't find anyone who can be my a
affidavit of support.. some advice..

Hi, which document stated that it needs affidavit support I134?? Document from DV KCC notification OR document from embassy?

Thanks!