• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Iran

Dear Ferdous,

It is very kind of you. Thanx :p As I was in stress for a year, I really can underestand other's situation and as one day nice people helped me, now I try my best to help others.

Dear Mr. Matinfar, I answered your question and sent a message to your inbox. Pls. check it. Hope it works. Best luck

I'm 2007AS00003xxx from Iran!!

hi everyone!
I am Saeid from Iran. I received KCC letter few days ago and my case number is 2007AS00003xxx. May I select U.S. embassy in Abu Dhabi for interview or I have to select Ankara?

Ankara or Abu Dhabi

They have selected the place of your interview. If you read the first page of your package I mean the congratulation letter, you can find where is your interview.

But I think you can change it. Ours was in Ankara. Not bad, but Abu Dhabi is cheaper and you can find every day flight to Dubai from Tehran but for Ankara there is only two days flight. But the advantage of Consulate in Ankara is that it is not as busy as US Consulate Abu Dhabi as in Abu Dhabi many non immigrant visa applicants go there.

Hi Bahar,
Thanks for your posts, they are really usefull. My wife has also won a DV2007 with a case number of AS000050xx. I was wondering what documents we need to have certified translated? Did they ask for any Police Certification or military service records from Iranians? Is Marriage Certificate OK for them or they need other proves like Wedding Photos?
I appreciate your help.

Thanks Lady Bahar!

hi
Thanks a lot Mrs Bahar and... congratulations Denniz!
By the way, I asked about Consulate changing from a lawyer in US. He said that it is better for me to choose Ankara, Specially for me!, cuz my Turkish is far better than my Arabic or English!! ( just kidding!)
But what about " Evidence of Support"?The lawyer said it is necessary to have a Affidavit of Support from a US citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident . He said my own funds is not enough( not important how much is it) . Is it true? But it is not fair! I don't have anyone in USA. Did all 50000 accepted winners have Affidavit of Support in previous Dv programs?
Did you have any Affidavit of Support, Mrs Bahar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!
Can I communicate with any Iranian who received a NL?

I received a Congratulation Letter (NL) About 2 weeks ago From Kentucky Consular Center which posted May 30 2006. It took 20 days to rich IRAN Post Office and plus more than one week to rich me in my Home land. It posted from Sweden. My case number is 2007AS00008***, and I think if every ting is OK and I fill the forms correctly and send them to KCC without any miss may be I asked to interview around August 2007.and since I am living Iran I will receive an appointment letter from the Kentucky Consular Center around August 2007(four to six weeks before the scheduled appointment). Of course; if the specified allocation cut-off number be upper than my Case number. And more importantly if I finalize filling forms and sending necessary Documents and Enclosures back to the KCC.(don’t west time ).
Anyway I have some questions, I will so happy if anyone specially Iranians connect me by E-Mail .also if you leave your phone number I connect you immediately.

Congratulations N-azad!

Hi everyone
Congratulations N-azad! As I wrote previously, I am Saeid from Iran and I'm one of that lucky men!! :cool: :D My case number is 2007AS00003XXX. My knowledge about these processes in not more than you and I'm full of questions too :p , but my Email is "Hn.saeid@yahoo.com". I will be glad if I can help you. I'll send my Tel No. through Email in reply if you want.

good luck in next steps!

Denniz said:
Hi Bahar,
Thanks for your posts, they are really usefull. My wife has also won a DV2007 with a case number of AS000050xx. I was wondering what documents we need to have certified translated? Did they ask for any Police Certification or military service records from Iranians? Is Marriage Certificate OK for them or they need other proves like Wedding Photos?
I appreciate your help.

First of all congratulation Denniz for being one of the winners of DV 2007 :) 1) All of the required documents which has been listed on first NL should be translated as non of them is in English (Birth certificate, Marriage certificate, Diploma, BA certificate, Bank statemenent and others)

2) There is no need for police certificate for Iranian. They will check themselves, but if you have lived abroad for more than 6 months, I think you must provide the consulate with the police certificate of that country.

3) Although we translated the militery service record of my husband, they did not ask for it.

4) Marriage certificate is enough to prove your marriage!!!!!! :p

hi everyone
Mrs. Bahar you forgot me! My question leaved with no answer! :(

But what about " Evidence of Support"?The lawyer said it is necessary to have a Affidavit of Support from a US citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident . He said my own funds is not enough( not important how much is it) . Is it true? But it is not fair! I don't have anyone in USA. Did all 50000 accepted winners have Affidavit of Support in previous Dv programs?

harmonic_life said:
hi
Thanks a lot Mrs Bahar and... congratulations Denniz!
By the way, I asked about Consulate changing from a lawyer in US. He said that it is better for me to choose Ankara, Specially for me!, cuz my Turkish is far better than my Arabic or English!! ( just kidding!)

Dear Saeed,

It seems having Affidavit of Support is very important for them. As you mentioned, it is somehow unfair to ask everyone for the support, but well there is no choice. I think they make much fuss with Iranians rather than other nations.

Regarding our case, we had affidavit of support. Actually my uncle who is American citizen supported my husband & I.

Hi everybody,

I congratulate all fellow Iranians who have received NL for DV2007 and hope to be successful at the next stages of this process. I also thank the useful posts of Mrs. Bahar out of her DV2006 experience.

My wife case no. is 2007AS00002xxx and expect interview about coming December in Ankara but we may change the place to Abudhabi if preferable. :)

matinfar said:
Hi everybody,

I congratulate all fellow Iranians who have received NL for DV2007 and hope to be successful at the next stages of this process. I also thank the useful posts of Mrs. Bahar out of her DV2006 experience.

My wife case no. is 2007AS00002xxx and expect interview about coming December in Ankara but we may change the place to Abudhabi if preferable. :)

Dear Mr. Matinfar,

You are more than welcome. If I were in your place, I did not change the place of interview, because: Ankara consulate is less busy than Abu Dhabi as many Iranian travel to Abu Dhabi for applying for non-immigraion visa (it is cheaper, easier and nearer). So, if you change your place of interview, maybe your date of interview will be later (becasue it is busier) and you know DV lottery has deadline (30th of Sept.) and as your case number is low it does not worth it.

But anyway, it is your choice and you are free to change it. But pls. think about all of its aspects.

Dear Mrs Bahar,

Yes you are right. I didn't imagine the traffic of visa applications in Abudhabi and just had the weather issue in mind during December in Ankara.

By the way I will proceed with Ankara as you recommended.

Accelerating the visa issuance or Security Clearance procedure

Hello everybody, esp. DV2007 winners!

I'm DV2007 winner, too. But I have a problem regarding the interview scheduling and the processes after it, esp. Security Clearance needed due to my country (IRAN).
Beacuse I'm currently in obligated military service, I have not permission to go out of the country, until 24 August 2007; and since I need to go to Ankara embassy in Turkey for interview I'm worry about how I can adjust or change the interview appointment for early Septemeber 2007.
Also I'm worry about the time it may be takes to get my Security Clearance needed after (or before) interview, the consuler asked for it from FBI or ....

So I want to find a way to accelerate or do all the visa issuance procedure in about 1 month!!! Of course I'd like to complete any needs before the interview. especially I'd like to request the KCC to process my Security Clearance before the interview. Is it possible? what do yo think?!

I would like to ask anyone can help me regarding what can/should I do now. I don't like to miss this fortune I have gotten, and I'd like to do the all needed tasks before the deadline (30 sept. 2007).
I don't send the forms of NL yet, becuase I'm looking for a solution these days.

I hope you have good and helpful news for me.

Thank you in advance.