IR-5 for Mother: Mumbai Interview Scheduled Dec 2019 (Next steps: guide me please!)

sriram1975

Registered Users (C)
My mother is scheduled for interview in Mumbai. They have fixed the medical appointment at Apollo Chennai for next week. I'm the USC son that sponsored her.

1) I'm planning to email to my mom a) 2018 1040 tax filing, b) W2 c) I-864 affidavit of support d) US Citizenship certificate (I read online on ceac.state.gov website that copies are good from my side but my parents are adamant that originals are needed even for my financial and tax stuff. Please clarify this )
2) My parents have my birth certificate original which has my old name. I plan to send an electronic copy of the name change court order when I became a citizen.
3) Mother will take her originals for SSLC certificate for DOB, Police Clearance Certificate, Photos, Marriage certificate.

* Will fingerprints be taken in Mumbai consulate before interview?
* I have to do an DS-260 for her from what I read online
* Anything else I need to do?

Thanks so much for your help.

This is for those that were initially confused like me as to what to do after you get the interview is scheduled latter at Mumbai Embassy letter. (What I did and now the process is clearer.. I think!)
1) Get Medical checkup done. Link to Medical Exam information here (List of approved medical exam places in India)
2) Go to USTravel Docs website to schedule a Bio-metrics appointment at nearest embassy/consulate before the big interview (Link: USTravel Docs)
3) Also specify in Step 2 how you want your passport delivered after the visa interview is done in Mumbai/Delhi. You pay Rs 5,00 on delivery.
4) Take the DS-260 confirmation page that sponsor would have submitted at ceac website before you got the interview letter, along with the biometrics appointment confirmation page and your passport. Without doing this step, they won't let you in for the interview at Mumbai/Delhi.

Sriram1975, Thanks for sharing interview preparation guide. I am waiting for my Dad's interview date from NVC. Could you please share how much time you had to wait after NVC accepted the documents to get an interview date? Thank you!