Inviting Parents: To show H1b Status or Pending 485?

Kshitij

Registered Users (C)
Dear All-
Can somebody advice?
I am planning to invite my parents
My Current H1b stamp expires on April 2006 and My AOS is pending
As a proof of childs status in US Which one should I send?

Thanks in Advance

Yes, Both will work but the validity of document(s) should be atleast 6 months on the day your parents go to Consulate for VISA.

gcwaiting05 said:
Yes, Both will work but the validity of document(s) should be atleast 6 months on the day your parents go to Consulate for VISA.

I am in similar situation, the only difference is i am on EAD with AOS pending. I want to invite my uncle and aunt from India. Do you think its going to pose problem for visiting visa at Consulate for my uncle and aunt since i am on EAD, not on H1 or have GC? Any idea?

Guys, pls share your experiences.

Guys,

So far I have done it 4 times. 1st I had called my Mother here in 1999 that time I sent copies of my H1b. Second time I called my Sister In Law in 2001 by then I was on EAD, so I sent copies of EAD / AP (though my H1b was valid). Then I called my parents, and later my sister in law this time again I used my EAD / AP (this time I had no H1b). In all of the above instances none of the applicants faced any problems with INS.

In essence it does not matter what do you send as a support document, the only point is that you should be residing legally in US. Also, I was told by my attorney that after you receive your EAD / AP you should not use H1b as EAD / AP represent your most current status (I may be wrong).

Thanks

thukralrk said:
Guys,

So far I have done it 4 times. 1st I had called my Mother here in 1999 that time I sent copies of my H1b. Second time I called my Sister In Law in 2001 by then I was on EAD, so I sent copies of EAD / AP (though my H1b was valid). Then I called my parents, and later my sister in law this time again I used my EAD / AP (this time I had no H1b). In all of the above instances none of the applicants faced any problems with INS.

In essence it does not matter what do you send as a support document, the only point is that you should be residing legally in US. Also, I was told by my attorney that after you receive your EAD / AP you should not use H1b as EAD / AP represent your most current status (I may be wrong).

Thanks

Evenif you have received EAD/AP but not using them, you are technically on H1B so using H1B for sponsorship is valid and will not have any affect on GC processing or Visitor Visa Processing. I have used H1B once when I had EAD/AP but was on H1B and later I send just EAD when I was on EAD.

Hope this would help !

thukralrk and gcwaiting05, thank for your responses. I appreciate it for sharing the information. Well, i was kinda scared a bit because a friend of mine said that sending EAD/AP documents would pose a problem in getting visiting visa at consulate.

A tourist visa was denied to my father when I invited him 2 years ago.I was on H1-b visa.He is retired. No explanation was provided. I had all the paperwork in order.
My wife invited her father.She was on H-4 at that time.They asked her father for proof of status(He had her approval with him ).After we sent more proof they just told him that they can’t issue a visa.
The Consulate stuff does whatever they want. So everything comes down to a pure luck

Good luck