Intresting article

this really pisses me off...robbing law-abiding tax-paying immigrants and making them wait years to generate more revenue and then having the nerve to increase the fees by 300% without real service improvement... no wonder illegals have all the fun!

if i knew i had to go through all this bullshit the day i landed in this country, i wouldnt have applied for green card. now i just hope i get it in june or thereabouts before i hit retrogression again. otherwise i will just have to cut my losses and quit while i still have my sanity.

Welcome to the world of bueracracy...

CIS Ombudsman (Prakash Khatri) knows all the inefficiencies in USCIS and knows what all need to be done....but like any other government agency....they will just waste our hard-earned money....

It's good to see that, men like Michael Yates / Khatri are calling USCIS as a Ponzi scheme...and finally revealing the truth...

this really pisses me off...robbing law-abiding tax-paying immigrants and making them wait years to generate more revenue and then having the nerve to increase the fees by 300% without real service improvement... no wonder illegals have all the fun!

if i knew i had to go through all this bullshit the day i landed in this country, i wouldnt have applied for green card. now i just hope i get it in june or thereabouts before i hit retrogression again. otherwise i will just have to cut my losses and quit while i still have my sanity.

I agree 100%.
And now that "May 1, 2005" cut off proposal. Insane.

Rexxx

wow!!! I got my GC last week. So it has gone with the "WIND" :)( my I-485 filing was sep. 2005) if the proposal is passed. Right. can you get a link for me? I would appreciate.

As far as I understand it the proposal is to invalidate all permanent visa applications (i.e. I-485) filed after May 1, 2005.

Folks, its only for family-based AOS applications. It has no bearing on employment-based filings. Even the family-based proposal is just an amendment proposal and far from being the rule of law. What they are in fact proposing with the CIR is to replace the EB based system for all NEW employment based AOS applications with a merit-based one like Canada has...the points system. Those of us who've filed will stay status quo (unless we get approved and get out of this ridiculousness).

Looks like the link has been removed. Could someone please post the text that was on MSNBC... Thanks

ks_cc, thanks for the clarification. I've read the article somewhere on usatoday.com and they didn't mention that. At least a bit of fresh air.

Anyway, proposal is illogical (I'm not sure how family based stuff works and don't bother to look for it as I'm sure it doesn't work as described :) :

- wait in retrogression for years
- finally be able to apply for I-485
- your I-485 is invalidated
- I-485 fee is increased

Or another algorithm:
- finally be able to apply for I-485
- wait in namecheck for years
- apply for EAD multiple times (how much of those new 340$ will go to FBI?)
- your I-485 is invalidated

Or (going to the multithreaded world):
- person1 applies for I-485
- person1's namecheck is submitted
- person2 applies for I-485
- person2's namecheck is submitted
- person2's namecheck is cleared
- person2's GC is approved
- person1's I-485 is invalidated

Just genius...