• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interviews

charleston

Registered Users (C)
Im new in this forum, winner dv2006 case no. africa 32xxx and was wondering 1) if kcc reach 50,000 visas before september 2006 does it mean they will stop issuing interviews, 2) how long after your number becomes current for one to receive 2nd letter and 3) is evidence for support just for the winner or even his/her dependants. Thanks in advance ;)

As far as I know, "yes", as soon as the number of published visa reaches to 50,000, they will stop processing the DV 2006 procedures. Regarding your second question usually the 2nd NL will come 4 weeks before scheduled interview but well it depends on the mail system of each country.And about Affidavit of Support", it has been mentioned clearly that all the required documents in this regard should be in two copies. It means that one for the main applicant and one for the beneficiary. For example, for us we prepared them with affidavit of support in two seperate form one for me and one for my husband. Hope the information was useful for you. Best Wishes :)

Bahar said:
As far as I know, "yes", as soon as the number of published visa reaches to 50,000, they will stop processing the DV 2006 procedures. Regarding your second question usually the 2nd NL will come 4 weeks before scheduled interview but well it depends on the mail system of each country.And about Affidavit of Support", it has been mentioned clearly that all the required documents in this regard should be in two copies. It means that one for the main applicant and one for the beneficiary. For example, for us we prepared them with affidavit of support in two seperate form one for me and one for my husband. Hope the information was useful for you. Best Wishes :)

Hi Bahar, Thanks for your prompt reply. So tell me is the Affidavid of Support the same as Evidence of Support?? Is this bank statement, stocks, log books etc. ie. money at hand? Or is this some kind of form? Thanks in advance.

One more thing Bahar, On adding the number of visas issued so far in the Visa Bulletin page, I see that they ahve already issued 52,000 interviews...! So does that mean the visas are over? Thanks again

Dear charleston,

The form "I-134" is the form which relates to affidavit of support and the US citizen must fill it and sign and notarize it and send it along with some documents mentioned there to show she/he will support you financially if something happnes for you in the State. I think if you have enough money in your banck account (I have no idea how much it is), or any assests, shares and stock they can be replaced with it. But regarding these I have not very useful information as for us we had the person who support us from US. But be sure the form should be original (not copy or fax) and should get notarized.

Regarding the number 52,000, as you said these are the number of interview not the number of visa published. There are two different matters. It has not been gaurantteed that all the people who is going to be interview will pass it. Many will be rejected. So, finger cross everything will be OK. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
znaty said:
heey bahar?? what happened with your interview? keep in touch

Hi, Znaty

Our interview was on 9th of March and it was very quick procedure just simple question mostly from my husband who is the main applicant and a few from me. Very ordinary. Then he took the finger print and we swear an oath that everything was OK. He said at the end that there should be Security Clearance for us which normally takes between 4 to 6 weeks and we should check the embassy's website weekly and when the number appears we must come back to the embassy with our passport. He also asked for the form W2 for the year 2004 from our supporter which we had the form belong to the year 2005. So, he said never mind when we come after the security clearance has been done we can bring the forms with us.

Now, my question is , do you have any idea about what is the security clearance? Who is responsible for apply it? and normally how long will it take?

It seems my anxiety never finish.

Dear Bahar,

Thanks again for prompt reply. Now I undertstand. You have really helped to 'open my eyes!'. I have my sister in DC whom I filled as the person we will live with if we win the GC. I guess I should ask her in advance to filll the form (i have seen it in the internet) and notarize it coz its better to have more than less documents.... Also I now understand those are interviews not visas but it seems unlikely so many people can fail the interview to allow the numbers to go higher.. anyway I dont know. Let me just prepare my dox, pray and wait although my husband is convinced they wont reach 32,xxx in africa.... All the best too with your Security Check. I wish I could offer any information but im soo green in this issue. Please update me about how it goes. You are very kind.

Dear charleston

You are welcome and I wish you best. Many people in this and other forums helped me when I needed so, now it is my duty to help others as far as can. Feel free to ask any question. Pls. pray for us. Good luck

here is the answer Bahar

Dear Bahar

this the reason of the delay :

Security Update for Visa Issuance and Revalidation
Security checks are resulting in significant delays in visa issuance, sometimes upwards of two months. Foreign nationals should be especially mindful of the fact that their visa may take anywhere from two weeks to two months or more to be issued and should plan their travel accordingly. These unprecedented delays stem from the need to run security checks. If your nonimmigrant visa application is selected and subjected to an in-depth security review – a “Visas Condor” check - there is nothing that the Consulate will be able to do to expedite your application and you will be “stranded” abroad until your visa is issued.

Applications for visas may be filed with the U.S. Consulate having jurisdiction over your residence (by virtue of your foreign residence), with a third-country Consulate that accepts jurisdiction over your application, or with the visa revalidation office in St. Louis (if you previously held the same visa in your passport and you wish to have it revalidated).

We previously advised that nationals of 26 “Watchlist Countries” (listed below) would be subject to additional security checks and that delays would occur for visa issuance for these nationals. These delays run approximately 3-4 weeks (in addition to the Consulate’s standard processing times). This Newsflash will provide an update based on information recently received from various Department of State sources.

Watchlist Countries include: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

Visa Issuance at the Consulate

Individuals from Watchlist Countries should expect that their visa application will take at least 24 business days for the Department of State to do internal background checks.

In addition, the Department of State has an additional, in-depth security check – the Visas Condor check – which may be triggered for ANY applicant (not just Watchlist Country applicants). A Visas Condor check will result in significant delays, sometimes exceeding 2 months. The Visas Condor check may occur if the applicant has any arrest record (however minor) or even if the applicant’s name is similar to that of someone else with a criminal history. Although an individual may previously have been issued a visa without incident, that same individual may now face an additional delay, in some cases up to 2½ months. If you have ever been arrested or have any criminal convictions, however minor, or any concerns about the answers provided on the visa application form DS-157, we urge you to contact competent legal counsel to discuss these issues before travel without a valid visa.

this is the full :cool: link :http://www.immigrationlaw.com/newsletters/2002vol7.html#Visa

GOD with us

znaty

My questions on interviews will never end... please bear with me. So now im wondering, since the "Current Visa Bulletin" has an advance notice of May does it mean that those dv winners with cutoff numbers below May are already receiving 2nd letters or its only the March people? In other words do they release the letters using the advance notice or the current bulletin in this case March. Please somebody reply, Znaty... anyone.... thanks.

its no problem

no problem friend :) , we were asking for 8 months befor we start answering . that just because you new :)

look . in most cases . applicants recieve their 2nd letter 4-6 weeks before interview , but in other case , some delay may be happened becouse their countries mail system or rush in usa mail coz the taxes season from jan to april every year

on of my friends here in cairo , his interview will be in april,3 , thats mean his no. was in last month builtun , and he recieved his 2nd letter 5 days ago

anyway , nothing important in the 2nd letter , your interview appointment paper and medical forms , you can dowenload it and you can know your appointment by phone KCC or your embassy

and if you still didn't recieve your 2nd letter up to 3 weeks befor the interview date , call the both ( ebmassy and kcc )

best luck buddy

znaty

Dear Znaty,

Thank you for the link. Well it seems we should wait at least one month for our security check to get completed. Nothing can be done except be patient and tolerant.