Interviews - Are they increasing in frequency?

cincy485

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

Just read on www.murthy.com/updates that VSC has updated the policy on the interview requirements for AOS cases.

The previous policy had a blanket waiver of interview for employment based AOS cases with exceptions occuring for quality purposes, criminal history, complex cases or as deemed necessary by officer.

The new policy seems to state the same interview requeirements in different languagebut adds officer's discretion with 'case-to-case' clause.

It remains to be seen how this policy change affects our pending applications. It definately has helped the Baltimore 485 waiters.

Cincy485
RD 10/19, ND 11/XX, AD - Waiting!!!

I read the changes on www.immigration-law.com and these interview changes are not only for VSC, but also for all centers.

I have to agree that interview shall increase. My case has been transferred to Newark, NJ too. I have been with the same company for 4 years (this month end) and no problems at any stage.

On that website a caveat given was "If the local office has any information on you there is a chance that your case may be transferred". My wife had to take AP from Newark twice during 485 process. So it does fit the caveat.

Also as per my lawyer more cases have been transferred for interviews.
Hope this helps

Nagsp