Interviewed/approved/stamped in Boston BCIS

toughdba

Registered Users (C)
FYI,

We had our I-485 interview this morning at 10:00 am in Boston BCIS office. The interview lasted only 15 minutes and we got our approval. The officer stamped both our passports and said that we will recieve our green cards in 6 months.

Details:

Reached JFK building at 9:30. After the security check reached the room E170 at 9:45. Took the I-89 form and affixed index finger print and signature and then gave it to the officer at the desk. At 10:05 we were called in for our interview.

Questions:

1. Are you working for the same employer who filed your I-485.
2. Current address.
3. Place of birth.
4. Why are you working in RI when your company is in IL (Answered by saying that this was my company's client)
5. All other questions were the standard Yes/No Questions regarding arrests, court appearances, any terrorist organization affiliation etc.,

Documents asked:

1. Employment letter
2. I-140 approval
3. SSN Cards for self and spouse
4. Marriage certificate
5. Passport with I-94
4. Current EAD Cards

Documents carried:

1. Everything that we had :)

After the 15 minutes interview officer asked for the EAD cards and then told us that he will now check for the Visa number availability and asked us to wait outside. We came out at 10:20 am. Waited for 20 minutes and at 10:40 the officer came out with the stamped passports and the original approval notice. Asked us to verify the details like name/address, A#. Everything was fine. Thanked him and went home at 10:45 am.

The officer was a very professional and courteous person. We were tensed in the beginning but after 5 minutes he put us at ease and after that everything was fine.

After all the tensions we had, its a big relief to know that we have the GC now.

I wish all of you good luck. This site has been very useful to keep track of experiences of lots of people. Thanks to Rajeev Khanna for this wonderful site and all the people who are posting their experiences here.

I will update rupnet.com today.

I will stick around in this forum and do my best to share my experience with people who would like to know it. I will update the spreadsheet attached with this thread later with my details since it is in my work laptop.

Thanks and Good luck to everyone .

Toughdba

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=73228

Sincere congratulation

Hi toughdba, you did it ! Congratulations! It is really encouraging for all of those who are still waiting.

Congrats again !

Hi toughdba!

I am very happy for you! Please accept my heartily congratulations!

YLB2.

Congrats toughdba

is yours an ac21 case by any chance. did you move after filing 485.
I got confused becos you filed from NJ to NSC and then moved to MA.
enjoy the freedom.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a long journey ? Your case is an inspiration to many people here. It teaches people that the journey can be long, but succeess will be yours at the end. Wish you good luck.