Interviewed and Confused

mrwilson

Registered Users (C)
So my wife and I went to the interview today, we showed up 30 mins prior to our scheduled time. Officer took us in and asked us to stand up and swore us in.

The interview was simple and took less than 10 mins. Towards the end, he said everything looked good and that I should receive my GC in about 3 weeks. He did not stamp by passport and I asked him why, and he said he cannot approve me right on the spot and had to have his supervisor do it. He said anything wrong with my paperwork, he will call me.

Also, he asked for joint documents and I only gave him a joint bank account statement with me and my wife's name on it. We are students, she's 24 and I am 27 and I have never worked outside of campus. Do you guys think is too little? He took it and that is all he took, house payments are under my inlaws, phone bills are under the inlaws also.

Towards the end, he gave me a letter with a check mark that states: An adjudicative review of your case is needed. No additional information is required on you part"

Should I be worried about anything? He advised me not to travel either and to wait for my GC in 3 weeks.

Anyone have experiences like this?

No, you shouldn't be worried... I had the same thing. And I had a TON more evidence for joint status than you lol. I basically brought gym membership, bank account, credit card, lease, etc... but that's something different. I asked was it due to namecheck and he replied "no, she cleared that..." so - he didn't really let me know what was up, but I think it's that whole supervisor thing.

I asked for a stamp in my wifes passport also, but he said he couldn't do it and even if he wanted because they (USCIS supervisor) actually took his stamp away adn that they don't really do that anymore barring extreme situations.

Are you in california by any chance?

Thanks for the reply, and yes I am in California and was in Downtown LA this morning at 11:45 for my appt.

And did you get the same paper stating no further information was needed from you?

Last edited by a moderator:
The interview was simple and took less than 10 mins. Towards the end, he said everything looked good and that I should receive my GC in about 3 weeks.

To me, that means you have been approved. Congratulations. Check for an email in the morning or soon after.

Thanks for the reply, and yes I am in California and was in Downtown LA this morning at 11:45 for my appt.

And did you get the same paper stating no further information was needed from you?

Same thing here, interviewed yesterday in downtown LA and got the same letter saying that "An adjudicative review of your case is needed". Then I got an email in the afternoon mentioned "Current Status: Card production ordered."

So you should get an email soon or you can go to www.uscis.gov to check the updated status of your case :)

Checked last night and today, nothing yet. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

EDIT: When you are a approved, do they take away your EAD? I still have mine and I thought they were suppose to get it back.

Checked last night and today, nothing yet. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

EDIT: When you are a approved, do they take away your EAD? I still have mine and I thought they were suppose to get it back.

If you are approved at the interview, the IO would take your EAD away. If you get approval after the interview, you cannot use your EAD anymore. You can either frame it or cut it up.

Rest easy, you will get the approval emails. Don't stress yourself. :)

Haha, thanks aspapi. I'll just get my mind off this and do something productive...as in finish writing my thesis!

If you are approved at the interview, the IO would your EAD away. If you get approval after the interview, you cannot use your EAD anymore. You can either frame it or cut it up.

Rest easy, you will get the approval emails. Don't stress yourself. :)

I would say not always. We were approved at our interview but the IO never even asked to see my hubby's EAD card and he still has it in his wallet.

Thanks to this forum and all your help! I will be logging in still and will be trying to help everyone out!

I got my notices today and I am all good to go!

Thanks to this forum and all your help! I will be logging in still and will be trying to help everyone out!

I got my notices today and I am all good to go!

Congratulation!! I hope you'll get ur greencard on hand soon!!

I have a question for you, did the IO took your I-94 away from your passport? My IO took mine and I dunno is it a normal procedure or what? Is it after I get my greencard I don't need the I-94 anymore?

You won't be needing your I-94 anymore when you have your GC on hand. But I was adviced to get a travel stamp, document before travelling. Also, was told not to travel before I receive my GC.

I still have the following with me:

-I-94
-EAD

Nothing was taken away from me.