• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview

I think it is a standard requirement in some of the former Soviet Union countries. Also I know of one person from an African country who was asked to provide one because they couldn't provide enough evidence to satisfy the consular officer.

Yes, we are short a document due to local official delay but they kept our passports and said they would issue the visas when we send the document.

Congrats on your interview SusieQQQ

Thanks :). Now I just need to convince a very reluctant spouse :(

LOL! That might be the hardest part. It is hard to give up a safe life, friends, family and so on - all to "gamble" in a new country. I've done it twice - and now doing it a third time (but now significantly older than the first times). For me it means putting off my early retirement by 10 years, but my wife is younger and more energetic than I am and we have a 5 year old girl who would have a better life in the States than the UK. So yeah - I can understand the reluctance.

LOL! That might be the hardest part. It is hard to give up a safe life, friends, family and so on - all to "gamble" in a new country. I've done it twice - and now doing it a third time (but now significantly older than the first times). For me it means putting off my early retirement by 10 years, but my wife is younger and more energetic than I am and we have a 5 year old girl who would have a better life in the States than the UK. So yeah - I can understand the reluctance.

The difference is where we are we have friends, family, really good jobs etc but it's not a safe country and we have to privately school our children as the public education system is terrible. So to my mind it's trading off comfort now for more comfort in our children's future. My husband doesn't quite see it that way though as he's worried about finding a decent job commensurate with his current one etc.

The difference is where we are we have friends, family, really good jobs etc but it's not a safe country and we have to privately school our children as the public education system is terrible. So to my mind it's trading off comfort now for more comfort in our children's future. My husband doesn't quite see it that way though as he's worried about finding a decent job commensurate with his current one etc.

Totally understand - it is all about the kids really - very typical parent thought process. For myself I know my skills are heavily in demand (so much so that my clients paid to fly me back and forth from the UK for 5 years). To allay your husbands fears perhaps he could start talking to recruiters or even lining up some contacts in a similar industry?

I think it is a standard requirement in some of the former Soviet Union countries. Also I know of one person from an African country who was asked to provide one because they couldn't provide enough evidence to satisfy the consular officer.

Yes, we are short a document due to local official delay but they kept our passports and said they would issue the visas when we send the document.
hope they won't ask it to me. i'm an African living in Russia.

Expected date of interview

Hello,

i was winner of 2013. with CN: 2013AF00075xxx Pls when can be my EXPECTED DATE of interview? any help ??

Hello,

i was winner of 2013. with CN: 2013AF00075xxx Pls when can be my EXPECTED DATE of interview? any help ??

Have you been checking visa bulletin? I think your number is current for August. You should get a 2nd NL soon or check your esc page