• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview

overmode

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Could anyone tell me how much time do you actually have from the point you receive the interview details to the point of the actual interview ?

Is it a month in advance or less ?

Since i have a high case number it's rather unlikely to happen but id rather have my passport ready - just in case.

Thanks.

I dont know why peoples belives that high CNs will not get the interview.
If you'll send the documentation as soon as possible, you will get the interview.
Is highly probable that the time between interview confirmation and interview itself will not be more that 1 month.

As far as I know, you're notified about the interview 4-8 weeks in advance. That should be enough for you to get a passport, unless the process of passport issuance in your country is overly complicated.

Hey, Alin! Te-am observat de mult pe aici. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my interview notification about 6 or 7 weeks in advance of the interview, a few days after the visa bulletin published showing the month I would be current in (remember for DV they publish expected numbers for the next month as well e.g. the bulletin showing April numbers for everything also has expected DV numbers for May).

They say 4 to 6 weeks. They issue the advanced notice for the Sept Visa Bulletin in first decade of July, so you'll know if your number is below the last cutoff or not by mid July. Ample time for KCC to arrange a interview if you are eligible.

It is not because last year all the numbers were CURRENT that is will be the same for FY14. Remember they selected around 20% more people this year (125,000 as opposed to 105,000). So, all other things being equal, there will be fore sure more people rejected or denied.

I saw somewhere a 6 week notice ? I dont know if its correct.

So far its between the range of 4 and 6 weeks ,Ii guess its still enough to finish gathering all the legal stuff.

Also my CN is 50XXX so thats october or november , dont know if not even later.

Last edited by a moderator:
EU and as i know its quite high for my region.

I have sent my forms 2 days ago but i doubt it will accelerate the process ( since i saw someone sending it asap and after a year still waiting for an interview)

As long as we don't get the actual data, we cannot really tell. Maybe they selected 20k more in anticipation of more bogus entries after selection, or people not fulfilling the requirements during interviews, etc... Having a CN number is already better than nothing. That's already something! Although I don't think it costs a lot to KCC to receive more paperwork, I can't imagine they increased the number of 'open' selected numbers (Raevsky says they used to hid the last series in the recent past) just for the fun of making people disappointed. It would be interesting to know the real reason from DOS. But not sure we will ever know.

I dont know why peoples belives that high CNs will not get the interview.
If you'll send the documentation as soon as possible, you will get the interview.
Is highly probable that the time between interview confirmation and interview itself will not be more that 1 month.

What documentation do I need to send to KCC if I am planning to do AOS?

@pan2 AOS is not my "expertise" and with little that I know about AOS, is a better ideea to wait for some other answers.
What I know: AOS is a better option when you are already in US on a visa that grant you the possibility to adjust status (for example H1B)

about interview process, i heard that they start asking for I-134 forms,
which means that you have to find a job in US before moving there ,is this true ?
maybe that's the reason for selecting 20% more in DV2014

which means that you have to find a job in US before moving there ,is this true ?

Completing the 134 means completing a statement of your assets such as savings etc. It used to be filled out by a sponsor agreeing to support you but another form is used now. The I134 was not (is not) legally binding in any case. It is just a good way to present the information about how you will support yourself. IT DOES NOT mean that you need to have a job arranged before going to the US and it has absolutely nothing to do with the 20% extra selectees.

You may get asked to provide information on how you will support yourself - so if you want you can have a 134 filled out ready for that question but at the very least have bank statements etc ready to explain how you will avoid becoming a public charge.

Again Monashed, it is just a way to present the data. There is nothing binding about the form, it is not "required" for DV selectees, but during the interview they may ask you to show how you will support yourself when you move to the States, so question 7 on the I-134 gives a good way to list things such as cash in bank accounts, property you own, stocks and shares, pension and so on. You must have some money and/or a plan on how you will survive in the US, so this is just a way to show what the plan is. If you have another way of showing your assets etc then I am sure that will be acceptable.

I believe for some countries they do require it but certainly not for all, I had my interview today and didn't need it. I just brought along a couple of bank statements/share holdings, he asked if we owned our house (didn't ask how much it was valued at), and seemed happy enough with that.

I believe for some countries they do require it but certainly not for all, I had my interview today and didn't need it. I just brought along a couple of bank statements/share holdings, he asked if we owned our house (didn't ask how much it was valued at), and seemed happy enough with that.
good for you, everything was OK ?
i guess some countries required it, hope my financial documents will be enough for them.

good for you, everything was OK ?
i guess some countries required it, hope my financial documents will be enough for them.

I think it is a standard requirement in some of the former Soviet Union countries. Also I know of one person from an African country who was asked to provide one because they couldn't provide enough evidence to satisfy the consular officer.

Yes, we are short a document due to local official delay but they kept our passports and said they would issue the visas when we send the document.