interview

freezer

Registered Users (C)
hi everyone,
plz would u tell me how long does it take to an interview to be dated by the NVC after they recieve forum ds230??
regards

u have to check the visa bulletins to see when your PD becomes current. When your PD becomes current and if consulate receives your file from NVC then you will get it very soon. Typically the interview could happen anytime between 4 months to till the consulate is ready to interview you once NVC receives urs DS 230.

PD has to be current for the interview

u have to check the visa bulletins to see when your PD becomes current. When your PD becomes current and if consulate receives your file from NVC then you will get it very soon. Typically the interview could happen anytime between 4 months to till the consulate is ready to interview you once NVC receives urs DS 230.

Consulate does not schedule interview in 4 months by default. The PD has to be current for the consulate to schedule interview. The case may end up sleeping in the consulate for years if PD is not current.

What is this PD please?
I think i am in the same position.I know that NVC checked my documentes include ds-230 everythibng is OK!!The case is closed here in usa in Novem 19th .Haw I should check my case naw? Is anyone explain me better haw the bulletin works also .I am new on the site.
Thank you and good luck to all of you
ps...let me know if anyone have questions need help for what i went through already...

What is this PD please?
I think i am in the same position.I know that NVC checked my documentes include ds-230 everythibng is OK!!The case is closed here in usa in Novem 19th .Haw I should check my case naw? Is anyone explain me better haw the bulletin works also .I am new on the site.
Thank you and good luck to all of you
ps...let me know if anyone have questions need help for what i went through already...

PD=priority date
If you are not an immediate relative of a US citizen immigrating through family relationship than you have to wait until your PD becomes current.

If your immigration is family based and your sponsor is not a US citizen to whom you have immediate relationship (spouse, child, parent) than your priority date is the date when the I-130 petition is filed.

If your immigration is employment based then your PD is the date when the labor certification is filed by your employer/sponsor.

Due to annual limitation of the number of people who can immigrate to the US in these categories there is a waiting queue your application is placed to.
Your visa can only be granted when your PD becomes current (you went through the queue).
In some categories the waiting period is over 10 years.

You need to know which category your petition is and you can find out if your PD is current:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
A new bulletin published monthly. Sometime in first half of December there will be one published for January.
If you are from China, India, Mexico or the Filippines you have to select the appropriate column. First column is for the rest of the World. C=current If there is a date in that cell then your PD has to be older than that date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Zolt.
So PD is priority date.My case is different.I got married to usa citizen and the sponsor is my husband.My priority dates sounds like may be may 1 st the day that my pettioton 1-130 is approved.But I am still confused haw i check the bulletin to keep track of my interview date.I live in Albania -europe.So...if my pd is older than the current date Haw old needs to be? I am afraid i am goona misse the interview date because my agent is gone in vacation and i think in my country the mail arrived to late .So if you have any idea haw i can check on the interview date to be preaper at least haw fast is going and where should i call.In my ambassy in Albania they dont bother to explain me things.Just wait wait wait.,.
thank you again
good luck to everyone that is in process

No PD

Thank you Zolt.
So PD is priority date.My case is different.I got married to usa citizen and the sponsor is my husband.My priority dates sounds like may be may 1 st the day that my pettioton 1-130 is approved.But I am still confused haw i check the bulletin to keep track of my interview date.I live in Albania -europe.So...if my pd is older than the current date Haw old needs to be? I am afraid i am goona misse the interview date because my agent is gone in vacation and i think in my country the mail arrived to late .So if you have any idea haw i can check on the interview date to be preaper at least haw fast is going and where should i call.In my ambassy in Albania they dont bother to explain me things.Just wait wait wait.,.
thank you again
good luck to everyone that is in process

In your case no need to look for PD. Immediate relatives of US citizens have no PD.

You have to call NVC at +1 603 334 0700 and press 1 1 2 to get a status of your case. You can also talk to an operator by pressing 1 5 instead of 1 1 2
Operators are only available between 8:30am and midnight Eastern Standard Time Monday through Friday.