Interview

ac140madras

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I received interview appointment letter yesterday,enclosed with DS 230-I/II and instructions.

1.Our interview is on 18th May (on Tuesday)When should we get the Medical tests done? Can we do it on Saturday?OR Friday.

2.Any suggested place to this done?

3.In 2001,I did my medical tests (MMR,other vacines)done in US anticipating to file for 485.Are these vaccine shots are compulsary?I don't have any record to prove them.

4.My Wife's passport was issued before our marriage,so spouse name in her passport is blank.And mine was new one,(and has spouse name as my name).But my lawyer is insisting to get the spouse name ammeded in her passport.Is it really required?Then will have to get her new passport.

5.I and my wife have our PCCs issued on Nov 27 2003,will this be a valid PCC for the interview?Or should get new ones?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
ac140madras:

1.Our interview is on 18th May (on Tuesday)When should we get the Medical tests done? Can we do it on Saturday?OR Friday.

Answer; I have read in some chennai threads that labs are open on saturday's (no appointments needed) but doctor's are available but you need to take an appointment in advance. Ifpossible I would recommend completing your medicals on FRiday itself.
==============================================

2.Any suggested place to this done?

3.In 2001,I did my medical tests (MMR,other vacines)done in US anticipating to file for 485.Are these vaccine shots are compulsary?I don't have any record to prove them.

Answer: If you are able to carry doctor's certificate to that effect of previous vaccinations then your vaccines in india may get waived at the discretion of the indian doctor else you have to take the required vaccines again in india. There are known side effects unless you are on other medications.

4.My Wife's passport was issued before our marriage,so spouse name in her passport is blank.And mine was new one,(and has spouse name as my name).But my lawyer is insisting to get the spouse name ammeded in her passport.Is it really required?Then will have to get her new passport.

Answer: It is not mandatory to get spouses and children's names endorsed on each others passport but it is always recommended not just for cp but for other purposes too. MAke sure you carry marriage and birth certificates of everyone attending the interview along with you.

5.I and my wife have our PCCs issued on Nov 27 2003,will this be a valid PCC for the interview?Or should get new ones?

Answer: Indian pcc's are valid for 6 months from issue date. Based on your interview date (5/18/03) and issue date (11/27/03) which is 10 days shy of 6 months you will not need to get new pcc's. Your existing pcc's are valid.

aci140madras:

All the best for your interview and we are awating your success story next month!

CP Processing pros and cons

All the best for your interview and we are awating your success story next month!

Hi I am new to this process and was viewing for pro and cons for CP.
I have seen all the cases as success. I there any case or are there any chances for not being successful. What are the consequences.

If I asked this question in the wrong thread then I am sorry.

Let me know, the pros and cons of CP processing or where can I find.

Thanks

Sai Venky

Hi

My interview is on 18th at chennai.And I have the following as checklist items for myself and wife.Please let me know if I am missing something.

Mine
1.DS 230 I &II
2.Notarized employement letter from US company X.
3.Employement offer from the current company (subsidary of US company X) in india.
4.Orignal employement letter of US company with H1 papers.
5.W2s/1040s for the previews 4 years.
6.Experience letters from previous N companies.
7.Passports (2)
8.PCCs (2 from city Police comissioner's office and 1 from Passport office)
9.Birth certificate and affidavits
10.Mariage Certificate
11.Degree/school Certificates
12.US Bank statements.
13.Misc doc like DL,SSN card..etc.
14.Mariage photos and invitation cards.
15.Copy of the above 1-12 originals.
16. Photos ??

Wife
1.DS 230 I &II
2.Filled affidvait I-134
3.Copy of My notarized employement letter.
4.Passport
5.PCCs (1 from city commisioner's office and 1 from passport office)
6.Birth certificate/affidavits
7.Copy of our Mariage certificate.
8.Degree/school certificate.
9.Copy of above originals
10.Photos??

Do I have to take any letter from my india company?Also I have 2 passport because in the first one,the first and last names were reversed.Will it be questioned at the time of interview?

Thanks,

ac140madras:

You''ve got the entire list of documents correctly. PAssport name change should not be a problem coz if questioned just explain to them what the issue was. I am sure there is a notation on th elast few pages of your new passport the reson for issuing a new passport. I can talk from experience coz my 1st passport was messed up coz my first, middle and last name were interchanged. But no questions were asked. All the best for the interview and enjoy your well awaited india trip!

ac140madras:

There is no requirement to staple the 2 passports but in my case i did just for convenience. I put the new passport in front and stapled the old/ expired passport on the last page of the new passport!

ac140madras:

Can you please let me know when was your case forwarded to Chennai.

My File was transfered from NVC to Chennai on March 29th, 04. I was hoping to be in the June'04 interview list. I have not got any letter from Chennai regarding my interview. I am waiting for their email response.

Regards,

Rams.

Rams71 said:
ac140madras:

Can you please let me know when was your case forwarded to Chennai.

My File was transfered from NVC to Chennai on March 29th, 04. I was hoping to be in the June'04 interview list. I have not got any letter from Chennai regarding my interview. I am waiting for their email response.

Regards,

Rams.
Rams,

I don't think so Chennai will inform you this early. Normally all the consulates send the communications after the interview dates are scheduled, which is normally the middle of the month.