• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview - what kind of preparation?

Ojak

Registered Users (C)
Hello!
My case number is EU15xxx , so I expect my case to be current on spring next year. Anyway ...

I would like to be well-prepared. I am student and resident in Europe. I study so I dont have any incomes! So I expect my parents to help me with financial stuff.

1. How to deal with this?
2. Can I provide the consulate with the US address of my pen friend in the US?
3. What else is necessary to do?

I think I must prove I will not be a public charge in the US. Provide them with the translations of documents especially from the high school (the diploma). Health tests. ... is that all?

from which country you have applied and from where are you (nationality)

Hello!
My case number is EU15xxx , so I expect my case to be current on spring next year. Anyway ...

I would like to be well-prepared. I am student and resident in Europe. I study so I dont have any incomes! So I expect my parents to help me with financial stuff.

1. How to deal with this?
3. What else is necessary to do?

I think I must prove I will not be a public charge in the US. Provide them with the translations of documents especially from the high school (the diploma). Health tests. ... is that all?

So I expect my parents to help me with financial stuff.
There is no rule that you need a special amount of money, but I know from some people that they expect aprox. about 15.000 Euros. That can be in cash, stocks, a life insurance etc pp.

Yes, you can do this.

However, from what country you are?

There is no rule that you need a special amount of money, but I know from some people that they expect aprox. about 15.000 Euros. That can be in cash, stocks, a life insurance etc pp.

Yes, you can do this.

However, from what country you are?

1. But can my parents say oficially somehow: "our son, the green card holder, will be for the next few years financially supported by us" ? ... I would enclose the bills from the bank to that letter. What do you think? (cause all my property is sth like one thousand euro :) )

2. ok

I am Czech

btw. anything else to do?

There is no rule that you need a special amount of money, but I know from some people that they expect aprox. about 15.000 Euros.

From people who have gotten GC from my country, I know that they gave a bank statement with as much as $2000 per person. I think that 15 000 EUR is impossible sum for many people and they can not require it.

I agree with you ivston. Affidavid of support is no longer required for DV programs. Also the bank account balance need not to be that much. Only the amount required for expense in USA for 3 months and thats all..