Interview was scheduled, then descheduled, no update after

randy_gc

Registered Users (C)
My interview was scheduled by San Francisco office in July'19. Couple days before interview they de-scheduled it. Did not hear any after that.

Submitted “outside normal processing time” service requests 2 times, first time received reply as 'we are reviewing your case'. Second time as 'your application is waiting for adjudication'.

I applied in August 2018, my neighbor applied 10 months later in April 2019, he already got the citizenship from same San Francisco office. Now the 'receipt date for inquiry' at SFO office is Nov 24, 2018, that is 3 months beyond my application date.

What should I do now?

thanks in advance.

Hey! I'm in same condition as yours. Applied for citizenship in March 2019, was scheduled for interview in November 2019. But I was turned down on interview day because my hadn't arrived in local office. And ever since I haven't got any updates. Don't know what should I do now.

I sent N-400 in August 2018, the interview was scheduled by the San Francisco office in July'19. A couple of days before the interview they de-scheduled it. When submitted a request through our Senator's office, USCIS responded that they are waiting for responses from some security agencies.

After a long wait, USCIS (re)scheduled my interview for Mar 24, 2021, the notice is still in the mail, I downloaded it from their portal, the notice date is 12Mar21.

Do they normally schedule the interview within 2 weeks from the notice date? Do I need to take my attorney with me? I checked our attorney's office, he is busy, offered to send his junior.

Given the earlier schedule, de-schedule, and schedule again scenario; Do I need to expect any special questions about me? or it's going to be a regular interview like most people?

If they ask any troubling questions, can I ask for another interview along with my attorney?

Last edited:
@bitwide It’s time to get your congressman involved first since it’s over 2 years. If that doesn’t work, consider filing a WOM with the court

@randy_gc This depends on if your application is straightforward or do you have any issues related to arrests, citations, prior immigration troubles etc etc

Had my interview 2 months back in SFO, the IO told me that I passed the tests, but they need some more time, will send a notice, he did not give any reason. I applied almost 3 years ago, DO NOT have any issues related to arrests, prior immigration troubles etc, except a speeding ticket received 2.5 years ago within California.

Shall I request my congressman to help or wait for full 4 months? If I involve congressman now, is there any minimum wait time required to ask their help again?

^ Yes it’s time to involve congressman/senator if 60 days have passed. No minimum time. 4 months+ gives you the option to sue USCIS if you choose to