Interview Tomorrow

ORF757

Registered Users (C)
I'm scheduled tomorrow morning and is there anything I should worry about before the interview? I've studied the booklet for about 3-4 months and I'm pretty familiar with it. I've also collected all documents listed on 'Document Check List'. Basically, the letter tells me to bring my Driver's License, my Green Card, Selective Service Registration, expired passport, 2x2 photos, the letter itself and that's about it. Other than those things, am I missing anything here? Thanks.

WHOA! I just finished reviewing the copy of my N-400 application and damn, I left the "Oath Requirements" part blank (questions 34-39). I don't know how and why I skipped this part. Is this going to be a problem? Should I tell them about it before they start interviewing me? I don't want them to deny or reschedule my interview. And if I remember correctly, I didn't skip this part, I don't know; it could be my computer or the printer. Any idea!? Thanks.

WHOA! I just finished reviewing the copy of my N-400 application and damn, I left the "Oath Requirements" part blank (questions 34-39). I don't know how and why I skipped this part. Is this going to be a problem? Should I tell them about it before they start interviewing me? I don't want them to deny or reschedule my interview. And if I remember correctly, I didn't skip this part, I don't know; it could be my computer or the printer. Any idea!? Thanks.

Dont worry about it. The IO will go over every line of your application with you, and you will get a chance to update it.

Best of luck!!! From your post it is evident that you have prepared yourself pretty well. Come back and share the good news once you are done! :D

Prithis,

Best of luck!!! From your post it is evident that you have prepared yourself pretty well. Come back and share the good news once you are done! :D

I am abt to turn in my N-400, and thought I'd enquire from you. My PR card shows a "Resident since" date of 10/25/04 - whereas my I-485 Aproval Notice date (on the I-797C) is 11/11/2004. Is this 'normal' - did you too, have a mismatch? (I did some research and found that my I-140 had been approved on this date...) Obviously, my worry is abt USCIS accepting the application to begin with, and retracting, later into the process.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

My PR card shows a "Resident since" date of 10/25/04 - whereas my I-485 Aproval Notice date (on the I-797C) is 11/11/2004. Is this 'normal' - did you too, have a mismatch? (I did some research and found that my I-140 had been approved on this date...) Obviously, my worry is abt USCIS accepting the application to begin with, and retracting, later into the process.

Sounds like the person processing the manufacture of your green card made a mistake back in 2004. They looked at the I-140 approval date and entered that on your green card instead of the I-485 approval date. You're technically not an LPR until your status has been adjusted even if there is an approved I-140.

Assuming that the date you are looking at on your I-797C is actually the petition approval date as opposed to just the notice date, I would use the I-485 approval date on your N-400 because that is what will be in your A-File. You can bring up the discrepancy during your interview or in an explanation provided on a separate sheet of paper filed with your application.

I am abt to turn in my N-400, and thought I'd enquire from you. My PR card shows a "Resident since" date of 10/25/04 - whereas my I-485 Aproval Notice date (on the I-797C) is 11/11/2004. Is this 'normal' - did you too, have a mismatch? (I did some research and found that my I-140 had been approved on this date...) Obviously, my worry is abt USCIS accepting the application to begin with, and retracting, later into the process.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

In addition to what Newrunner said, seems like you are about to take advantage of the 90 day rule in applying N400 upfront. You will have to delay the filing of N400 another month or so, correct the sign date on the application etc and apply then.

Thanks, NewRunner and ABSRao

One item I forgot in my post, was about the Temp. I-551 stamp in my passport - placed by the Phoenix DO. It too read 10/25/04. I assume they (too) referenced the same USCIS 'system' that the card producer (at the CA Srv center?) referenced? So, does USCIS have me at a wrong "Resident since" date in their system?

I'll go with the latter date (on the I-485 Approval notice) if you're sure that is what I should assume/adopt.

Thanks, again.

I'm back! Good news! I passed the test. Thanks God. The officer asked me 6 questions, asked me to write a sentence, and read a sentence.

He asked me these questions:

-We elect a President for how many years?
-In what month do we vote for President?
-Who is the Chief Justice of the United States?
-Who is the "Father of Our Country"?
-Name one war fought by the United States in the 1900s.
-When do we celebrate Independence Day?

and he told me to write the following sentence:
-We pay taxes.

I don't remember the sentence he told me to read though.

I waited in the lobby for about 30 mins and the actual test took about 10 mins, probably less than that, it was pretty quick. Piece of cake! Btw, my Oath Ceremony is scheduled on August 6, 2009.

Now, I have more questions to ask. What should I do after the Oath? Is there anything I should update? Social Security? Passport? How about my green card? (I still have it). I'm also thinking of having a dual citizenship. Where is the right place to ask this?

Thanks!

I'm back! Good news! I passed the test. Thanks God. The officer asked me 6 questions, asked me to write a sentence, and read a sentence.

He asked me these questions:

-We elect a President for how many years?
-In what month do we vote for President?
-Who is the Chief Justice of the United States?
-Who is the "Father of Our Country"?
-Name one war fought by the United States in the 1900s.
-When do we celebrate Independence Day?

and he told me to write the following sentence:
-We pay taxes.

I don't remember the sentence he told me to read though.

I waited in the lobby for about 30 mins and the actual test took about 10 mins, probably less than that, it was pretty quick. Piece of cake! Btw, my Oath Ceremony is scheduled on August 6, 2009.

Now, I have more questions to ask. What should I do after the Oath? Is there anything I should update? Social Security? Passport? How about my green card? (I still have it). I'm also thinking of having a dual citizenship. Where is the right place to ask this?

Thanks!

Congratulations!! are you inviting us to your party? ha. :)

Here's the link: http://www.newcitizen.us/after.html to answer your question "what should I do after the Oath?". Your green card will be taken away at the oath ceremony. Also, don't risk getting traffic citations or don't do anything wild until you become a US citizen. If you get a citation, your oath ceremony will be postponed until the citation is paid fully or disregarded by the court.

For obtaining a US passport, here's the official website: http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

For Dual citizenship, it depends on what nationality you are, check with your embassy/consulate to see if dual citizenship is allowed. If you are an indian citizen, dual citizenship is not allowed, but look for OCI or PIO in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
For Dual citizenship, it depends on what nationality you are, check with your embassy/consulate. If you are an indian citizen, dual citizenship is not allowed, but look for OCI or PIO in this forum.

Thanks for that useful links!
I am Filipino and I think it's legal and allowed to have a dual citizenship. But I don't know where to start.

I am Filipino and I think it's legal and allowed to have a dual citizenship. But I don't know where to start.

You can ask your embassy of Philippines. That's start. You never know.

Congratulations. Can you post your time-line? What documents were asked?

-JS.

Thanks! He asked me for my Driver's License, Green Card and my expired Passport.

Here's my timeline:

04/06/2009 - N-400 Sent to USCIS (Lewisville,TX) (via USPS Express Mail)
04/07/2009 - N-400 Received (USCIS)
04/16/2009 - Notice of Action (I-797C) Received
-------------Received Date: (04/07/2009)
-------------Priority Date: (04/07/2009)
--------------Notice Date: (04/10/2009)
04/22/2009 - Fingerprint Appointment Received
--------------Notice Date: (04/17/2009)
--------------Scheduled Date: (05/06/2009@12:00PM)
05/06/2009 - Fingerprint Done.
05/16/2009 - Interview Letter Received.
-------------Scheduled Date: (07/21/2009@11:20AM)
05/21/2009 - Yellow Letter Received.
07/21/2009 - Passed the Interview.
08/06/2009 - Oath Ceremony.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't forget not to risk any traffic citation or do anything wild until you become a US citizen. If you do, it will delay the oath ceremony until your citation is paid fully or disregarded by the court. :)

They will give you the form at the oath ceremony to answer few questions.
See http://www.visapro.com/Download/N-445-Form.pdf

You must bring your green card with you to the oath ceremony as well as other immigrant documents if you have and traffic citations (only after interview).

Don't forget not to risk any traffic citation or do anything wild until you become a US citizen. If you do, it will delay the oath ceremony until your citation is paid fully or disregarded by the court. :)

They will give you the form at the oath ceremony to answer few questions.

You must bring your green card with you to the oath ceremony as well as other immigrant documents if you have and traffic citations (only after interview).

I already got that N-445 Form, the officer gave me it to me after the test. It's asking me to answer some Yes/No questions and bring my Green Card with me. Is that all I have to bring with me? Do I still need to bring my other documents? Like my expired passport, copy of N-440 form, just in case? What do you think?

I already got that N-445 Form, the officer gave me it to me after the test. It's asking me to answer some Yes/No questions and bring my Green Card with me. Is that all I have to bring with me? Do I still need to bring my other documents? Like my expired passport, copy of N-440 form, just in case? What do you think?

Yes, just bring your expired passport.. They may look for any stamp on your passport to see if you travel after the interview. It won't affect anything, but if you travel to North Korea or Cuba, they will get mad at you. :) You can bring N-440 form with you, yeah, just in case.