Interview tomorrow!!!

chatrathi

Registered Users (C)
We'll be in the San Jose office tomorrow (April 11th) morning for our interview! Wish us luck!

Application Sent --> 11/14/2005
Application received --> 11/16/2005
Checks cashed --> 11/21/2005
Notice Received --> 11/30/2005
Receipt Date --> 11/18/2005
Able to check status on-line --> 11/29/2005
FP Notice received --> 1/26/2006
FP Date --> 2/09/2006
Online Update --> 3/2/2006 (Case not found)
Interview Letter Recd. --> 3/4/2006
Interview Date --> 4/11/2006
Oath Letter Recd. --> ??
Oath Ceremony --> ??

There are 2 rows of 7 digits on the check, what can I make of this?

What should be the 3 first letters of the number?

Interview experience in San Jose

foreverafter said:
Good Luck, and please post your experience.

Just got back from our interview from earlier this morning. It was a very pleasant experience overall. The interviewing officer was extremely professional, polite and thorough.

Our (my spouse's and mine) appointment was for 8:40 AM. We were at the building by around 8:10. We were asked to go up to the 2nd floor and deposit our interview letters in a window and wait. Our names were called separately (about 10 minutes apart) by 8:50.

The officer and I stepped into his office and he explained what we were going to do (review my application). He swore me in and then opened up my N-400 form. He went through the relevant data points (address, phone numbers, employer etc.) and confirmed that it was all correct. Did not ask for any supporting evidence or additional paperwork.

Once we were done with the N-400, he asked me to write my name in Cursive in a couple of places (back of the Interview notice, on the two copies of my photograph). Then he announced that it was time for my history/civics test. I'll try to recollect as many questions as I can:
a. Who are two senators from your state?
b. What is the Congress?
c. Who is the Governor (of California)?
d. Who becomes president if both the president and vice-president dies?
e. Who wrote star spangled banner?
f. What does congress do?
g. Dang...can't remember more!

He then printed out the results of the test and said, "Congratulations, you did very well". He then gave me the N-652 (must check if that's the form) that indicated that I had been recommended for Citizenship. He briefly explained the oath process and said that I probably couldn't make it to the April 19th ceremony, but would be scheduled for the May 24th.

And that was it! Over in less than 20 minutes. Now looking forward to the oath letter and the ceremony itself.

thanks for the detail information about the interview procedure.

I don't recall submitting any pictures when mailing N400. The interview letter didn't mention to bring any pictures either (mine is in May 2nd). Do I miss anything? thanks

If I recall correctly, N-400 required two photographs. If you didn't send them in, I believe that you can take them to your interview. To be on the safe side, it's better to take a couple of passport-size photographs along.

Congratulations to you and your wife!
You guys are almost there... I hope I run with the same luck as you guys. I applied on Feb/06, and about two weeks ago had my finger prints taken. I'm so anxious to get called for the interview.
lahoritamia

There should be a place to get pictures done on site. One of my photos had a small (and I do mean SMALL!) nick on it which the interviewing officer noticed. She told me that the pictures need to be "perfect" and I would have to get mine done again. In the Charlotte, NC office they charge $15 for 4 photos, it takes about 15 minutes, and you can use the other 2 for your passport application if you like.

Cheers,
Brian

blahblah_gc said:
thanks for the detail information about the interview procedure.

I don't recall submitting any pictures when mailing N400. The interview letter didn't mention to bring any pictures either (mine is in May 2nd). Do I miss anything? thanks

If you are going to the San Jose DO, there is a little store on the ground floor of the same building, that can help with passport pictures.