Interview Tomorrow at SFO, What should i Expect?

Ali4U

Registered Users (C)
WAC02-059-xxxx

My case was transferred to SFO in April 2004 and I have an Interview tomorrow. Case is not approved, so it's not a simple stamping interview.

I have been asked to provide the following:

- W2's, Tax Returns
- Employment letter + 4 recent paystubs
- EAD's and AP's
- Proof of Special Registration
- All passports (current & expired)
- I-94
- Lats 4 DE-6 forms (I don't know what this is!!)

Do you gurus know what I should be expecting in this Interview?

thanks

So you plan to go without DE-6?

It is Quarterly Wage and Withholding Report for your company. I think INS asks for it in case they think it is a small company. If they asked for it this means they have doubts about your employer and you better take last 4 DE-6s with you. If the company is real small (or just on papers) they might have a problem giving you a DE-6. Talk to your HR/payroll ASAP.

Ali4U said:
WAC02-059-xxxx

My case was transferred to SFO in April 2004 and I have an Interview tomorrow. Case is not approved, so it's not a simple stamping interview.

I have been asked to provide the following:

- W2's, Tax Returns
- Employment letter + 4 recent paystubs
- EAD's and AP's
- Proof of Special Registration
- All passports (current & expired)
- I-94
- Lats 4 DE-6 forms (I don't know what this is!!)

Do you gurus know what I should be expecting in this Interview?

thanks
Also much of it depends on the specific complications in ur case.

Sometimes the transfer is just for the heck of it (reduce backlog) or for something simple like u got married after filing 485 and then added ur spouse.
It might even be transferred because u were subject to SR ... maybe they want to really check if you did that on time.

If you have real "issues" -- like a "skeleton company" or something like that you may have questions reg that.

If you can be more specific as to what is funky in ur case, you may get more focussed responses.

Nothing funky with my case

There is really nothing funky with my case.

My previous employer filed my I-485 and I stayed with them for 360 days after I-485 was filed. Becuase I'm middle eastern, I did the Special Registration thing on time. I've been working using EAD's and AP's.

The company I work for now is a fortune 100 company (a bank), so it's not a small company.

I think I should try to get DE-6 forms. How do you think I can obtain it?

thanks

Ali,

Go to the Human ressource in your company and ask them to provide you the DE-6 as soon as possible. You should not in any case go with less paperwork that the INS asked for.

Good luck!

Ali4U said:
There is really nothing funky with my case.

My previous employer filed my I-485 and I stayed with them for 360 days after I-485 was filed. Becuase I'm middle eastern, I did the Special Registration thing on time. I've been working using EAD's and AP's.

The company I work for now is a fortune 100 company (a bank), so it's not a small company.

I think I should try to get DE-6 forms. How do you think I can obtain it?

thanks

Just talked to HR

I just talked to our HR department. They don't even know what DE 6 form is. They are working with payroll. Hope I can get it in time.

thanks for all your help

Ask you payroll dept for Form 741 and DDE forms.DDe forms are DE6 atleast thats what I took.
Also I gave him Form 741. The officer said "Good I wanted Both." and said Thank you

If you do not take a document they have asked for you are inviting Trouble.

PS: Form DE^6 are for the state
and Form 741 is for the Centre.
Form DE 6 reflect your name and amount of Tax deposited in your name to the Fedral Treasury.

Think I'll be in trouble

Unfortunately my company does not provide a DE 6 form, becuase of the large number of employees. They say we electronicall file DE 6 forms to the State and dont keep a paper trail.

Dont know what to do.. I'm screwed.

get a letter from your hR also another things may help

get a letter from hr or tax department saying that they file de-shit electronically and have filed the samre for you with some details.

the tax department dummies will say "we dont have this"

tell them you need it to comply with federla request and they ahve to provide something.

can t oyu take 10-k 10-q etc forms??

these peoplea re putting more obstacles in applying ac-21 freely. how cna you work for a start up without all this paper hasslework

You can take that in writing from your HR manager.
I am sure considering the size of the company the officer will understand.
Also carry a copy of Form 741.
I dont think that they can file electronically.

take copies of financial statements filed with SEC - if is a bank, it should be publicly traded and quarterly earnings estimates should be on company web site. try to take company brochures that talks about # of employees, revenue and a print out from fortune web site about your company...

I am an accountant, so I know what is DE6 and 941 is

DE 6 is the quarterly filed tax return to EDD. your payroll department should give it to you.

DE 6 list the names of the employees, how much they eearned for the quarter, how much CA income tax they paid.

Form 941 is a Federal quarterly wage report. Your payroll department should give it to you.

Form 941 lists the company's share of tax paid along with employee's.
It doesnot list individual employee name.

I am sorry to be late. Just saw the mail. My case was transferred to on June 22, 2004.

Good luck!

I hope for the best

Thanks everyone... I'm gonna take the letter and hope for the best. I will give you an update tomorrow.

Here is the details of the letter given to me:

"xxx Company does not send a paper DE-6 form to the State of California. We send the information via magnetic media due to the large number of employees we have in California. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Thanks everyone

Had my Interview - I am done!

I had my interview today in SFO. My case was transferred from CSC to SFO on April 18, 04 (WAC-02-059-xxxx).

Officer said the reason for my interview was becuase i changed jobs and becuase i did not register last time i came in the country (I'm subject to the special registration crap).

Anyhow, Officer went through my file, asked a few questions. He did say that my job title is different, and that might cause a problem. I went on explaining him that in corporate America, it's hard to keep the same job title for 4 years, and he agreed. My salary is less than what what in my application, and I explained him that today's economy has screwed up tech workers, he agreed again.

Anyhow, He asked for the following:

- SSN
- Old and new Passport
- Employment Letter
- Tax returns
- W2's
- DE-6 (which i did not have)
- Driver's license
- EAD's
- AP's

He then said, I'm going to approve your case, and from now on your are a resident alien. He stamped my passport, shook my hand, and that was it.

More than 3 years of wait and hasstle is over with.

Good luck with all of you still waiting. Your day will come soon.

many Congrtaulations that you have a stamp on your passport.
Hope you enjoy this moment.
I hope you also pray for all those still waiting for thier approval.
:D

Fantastic - and congratulations. I had been following your case the last couple of days but didn't post anything as I had no idea what a DE-6 form was or what advice I could offer.

none the less, am glad you're in among the Perm Residents of this country :)

Enjoy!!