interview today-no final decision

DanielFL, you didn't get a second interview in those 2 years?
Did they renew your EAC and travel documents? Or did you have to re-apply for new ones? What's our status while we wait for them to make a decision?

DanielFL, you didn't get a second interview in those 2 years?
Did they renew your EAC and travel documents? Or did you have to re-apply for new ones? What's our status while we wait for them to make a decision?

they told my congressmen 90 days ago to expect follow up interview within 60 days :))
EAD if I renewed sure I had to to get my driving license I had no problems doing that. I will be getting travel docs this month, at least sending I-131.
I think we are out of status and waiting for AOS (adjust of status)...

Hello all,
I just had my interview today but i am freaking out cause she didnt give us a final decision and they didnt take my EAC and AP documents.
She asked us questions about how we met and asked for the supporting documents, then someone else came and they left us alone in the room for a little while, then she came back with a different lady who asked us more questions about when was last time my husband went to my country (france), and if someone else was living at our place...:confused: they seemed to not have understand how we met.
Then this lady left and our examiner said they were gonna review our case and let us know their decision by mail.

We are the most loving genuine couple. We had plenty of pictures of us and with both our families in france and in the us and of our travels... i have no idea why they were so questioning, I am freaking out because i read all those people saying they got approved right away and they stamped their passport and took EAC and AP and all that.

Is that common to not have a definitive answer at the end of the interview? What may happen next?

:(

08/30/08: request for initial evidences received
09/02/08: biometrics appointement day
10/16/08: I-131 approval notice sent (seen online)
10/24/08: I-765 approval notice sent (seen online)
10/27/08: I-765 approval notice and EAC received
12/03/08: Advance Parole documents received
12/1?/08: Initial Interview Notice received
02/24/08: Initial Interview day
now waiting...

same thing happened to me :) did she give you a paper with marked "adjudicative review needed etc..." ? If so, I got it and they actually approved me the same day, but I got the approval letter 4 days later.

No she didn't give me anything actually, we'll see.
Thank you mici_angora for sharing your experience, it gives me hope :)

cinnamoroll, I'm pretty much in the same situation, had interview for my wife's I485 on Feb 17th, no answer so far, she was "recommended for aproval", we were missing a police record from NYC, the official said we will either get the green card or a letter asking for the police record in two o three weeks.....so you are not alone buddy....it's three weeks now but it seems like an eternity.
I'll let you know how it goes...

Guacho

Last edited by a moderator:
"[...] we didn't had enough [...]"

maybe they want to re-think things out and give you some more time to learn better english?? [sarcastic]

but to give my 2 cents out, we had our interview on September 2006, and we were told the same "reviewing your case".
Scheduling infopasses every 2 weeks does not help, so in my experience, make sure you got plenty of patients for next couple of years to come...

ps. still waiting for decicion (over 1000 days already since I-130)

Daniel - did the officer take your I-94? I just had my interview today and she wanted to review my case as well before making a decision, but "everything should be good to go" as she said. She did take my I-94 (but not EAD/AP) so I see that as a good sign I guess.. Just wondering whether they took yours.

Daniel - did the officer take your I-94? I just had my interview today and she wanted to review my case as well before making a decision, but "everything should be good to go" as she said.

Yes, she took the I-94.

Experience mine and my friends makes conclution that they are trying to make a final decision upfront on the interview and close the case ASAP.

If they feel something needs more investigation they come up with random request, mine was that OP did not like short birth certificated and gave 30 days to send a detailed one.

Funny she said (Orlando district) exact your words that "everything else looks good I just need that document to finalize your case!".

You must know how happy we were!!

That request, hovewer on most cases, is just an excuse to let you go with something better than "will see". We were lied to on our interview that this is all we need that our FBI backgrounds were cleared up everything is fine, dont listen to them. You have to comply with whatever they need from you but anything they say that does not come in writing never really exist.

On over 25 infopasses I have scheduled over last three years I have been given different statuses of my case coming back and forth to FBI pending namechecks, third party namechecks, my Congressman was lied to in written stating to my follow up interview will come within 60 days (they answered him the same day they got inquiry), after 60 days he keeps sending them inquiries of my case status and what happened with that interview -- for last 30 days up to last friday he had not been answered even once.

bla bla bla and story goes on I am tired writing right now, but just because my case is totally messed up doesnt mean yours will not be moved in a week or two the point is: who knows!!

as of all my experiences I am finishing writing my WOM notice letter to the district director of Orlando office and will be sending it soon notified them that if my case is not completed with whatever decision it may be within 60 days, I will be filing WOM, but I will post you that letter before I send it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, she took the I-94.

Experience mine and my friends makes conclution that they are trying to make a final decision upfront on the interview and close the case ASAP.

If they feel something needs more investigation they come up with random request, mine was that OP did not like short birth certificated and gave 30 days to send a detailed one.

Funny she said (Orlando district) exact your words that "everything else looks good I just need that document to finalize your case!".

You must know how happy we were!!

That request, hovewer on most cases, is just an excuse to let you go with something better than "will see". We were lied to on our interview that this is all we need that our FBI backgrounds were cleared up everything is fine, dont listen to them. You have to comply with whatever they need from you but anything they say that does not come in writing never really exist.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. In my case, I definitely worried too much - I just got the "card production ordered" update online, so I'm good to go... green card = approved.
Good luck on your progress.