Interview today Detroit

annabor

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Thanks to all the posts on this website the AOS process was quite painless. We had our interview today in Detroit and was approved within 10 minutes. The officer didn't stamp my passport though since it was expiring in less than 6 months, but took away my EADs (one from AOS, one from OPT) and the travel document. All in all it was a painless experience, we barely waited 5 minutes in the crowded waiting room before being called. Now the wait begins for the physical card and welcome letter (he told us within 2 weeks).

Best of luck to all of you who are still waiting.

congrat.

congratulations. i was also approved yesterday. i was wondering if your LUD was updated after and message changed that your case has been approved.

i have been checking my LUD since i came back yesterday and uptil this moment the LUD still remain thesame.

annabor

dont worry about my question above concerning LUD. I have just received 6 emails that welcome notice has been mailed also had LUD on my account for today (Jan. 24th, 2007). The message has changed that welcome notice has been mailed. I also want to use this opportunity to thank every one in this forum for their support once again.

I had a question about the interview. My wife has an interview on Jan 30 in washington dC. I am a US citizen. DOes my wife need her birth certificate translated since it is not in English? DO I also need to show my birth certificate even if I am a USC and I have a passport.

had interview on Monday

Obajego,
how long did it take to receive the welcome message? I had my interview on MOnday. The officer said she will go thru all the details. If additional info is required she will let me know. Don't know if I was approved or not. Do u get the welcome message within a week or what?

The officer only asked for our state ID - we had submitted certified copies (not photocopies) of birth certificates and marriage certificates originally with the application so he didn't ask to see them. They were all in English and I think if not, they need to be translated.

He asked for joint bills and kept one copy of our car insurance policy and one copy of our bank statement for the file.
He asked to see wedding pics and only asked when we met and that was it. I already received multiple messages this morning about welcome letter being mailed. Hope this helps!

Annarbor - Congratulations!!!

that was a smooth sail eh!!??? :)

Sawaal - As far as I am aware - yes, you will have to have your wife's birth certificate translated. About you - I think you can either carry your birth certificate, or a US issued passport. (that certifies that you are a US Citizen) No harm in carrying all the documents? Doesnt hurt, does it? :) Also make sure you take copies of the same.

Good Luck!! :)

Kasonde

i had my interview on Jan 23 and i got 6 emails on 24th that is the next day after my interview that my welcom letter has been mailed. i hope this help.

interview

Thanks oba,
My interview was on Monday and still nothing. No welcome letter or anything.

kasonde said:
Thanks oba,
My interview was on Monday and still nothing. No welcome letter or anything.

I had mine last week and sent them everything they need the same day, but nothing since then. Actually one thing: my case was touched on next after interview, the day when they were supposed to get additional requested documents.
Now we have just to wait. And it is not easy.
And now I am little bite understand people who has to wait months. I wish they would let us know what is going.

NITEOLE718 said:
polich did you get your ead card already in the mail?
Not yet (I did not check my mail today). Online status and emails said that EAD card was ordered on 1/24. So probably in a couple weeks.
But honestly I am not very happy about it because I am not in big need for it.
:rolleyes: