Interview today Columbus, Ohio

nicpon

Registered Users (C)
I have an interview today in Columbus, Ohio. I'm a little nervous, my wife is USC and she doesn't has her birth certificate. Is this a big problem considering that she has a valid passport where it says where she was born ?

I am in the same boat. It's my view that as long as USC is born abroad and is a Naturalized citizen you probably need Naturalization certificate.

Rest Good luck to you and try posting your experience here after interview.

When we went for the interview, the officer never asked for a proof of citizenship of my husband. It's too late to worry right now. You cant fix it. If the rest of your docs are ok, you should be fine. On the other hand since your wife has a passport - it is also a proof of citizenship. After all, when you apply for a passport you have to have a birth certificate. Don't worry. You'll be ok. Just relax and go for it. Good luck. Post what happened :)

I will defiantly post my experience, I'm still trying to get hers birth certificate or at least a fax copy of it. Also all my pictures are digital format so I'm planning to take my laptop with me and show them the pics on my laptop. Is that a good or bad idea? I have some pictures in paper version too but most of them are on the computer.
BTW. No thanks for wishing me good luck. I'm a little superstitious.

So, I had my interview on Jan 26th and here is short recap. Our interviewer was a nice Asian lady and it lasted for about 25-30 minutes.
List of documents/copies she asked us for:
-my wife’s birth certificate (my wife is USC), I received it 30 minutes before the interview via fax (I was so lucky because if I didn't have it I would probably have to go back there)
-my original birth certificate
In between she was asking questions if were married before, if he have any children, when was the last time I entered US, when did we get married.
Then she told us to prove our relationship and how did we met. I told her the story and gave her our lease for the apartment, copy of joint bank account which she kept, bills which she didn't look at and pictures. She went through all the pictures very quickly and was asking my wife to describe people on the pictures. As you can read from my previous posts I was a little worried b\c most of the pictures I have are digital stored on my computer (I told her about it but she never wanted to see more, plus we didn't have any pics from wedding because we plan to have it this year).
Then she said "At this time I approve your application but FBI name check hasn't cleared yet, so you'll have to wait and you'll receive your decision in mail"
I don't know if I should be happy or not. Anyway I asked her how long it might take and she replied that she doesn't know.

Next day I check my case status online and it says: We have received your application and it takes between 120-180 for us to process this type of application. This was exactly the same message when I sent out my application few months ago. Why is it like that? Is there a way to check status of FBI name check?

I think you should be happy, it's almost over....just wait for the card. If you're not planning on traveling, you don't have to worry about it. The interview went well, congrats!

What should I do if I want to travel ? Should I file advance parole app or they can provide me with some kind of paper?