Interview today but need to travel back to HK on 11/13 - 11/29

eddieclo

I read from this forum that the next Oath Ceremony in SF is 11/17.

I am going to interview today afternoon. Can I request to have my Oath Ceremony on Dec up front? Should I take the Oath today and apply for passport right away?
What should I do is the best? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

San Francisco
Priority Date 8/21/09
NOA 8/26/09
Finger Print notice 9/08/09
Finger Print Date 9/17/09
IL: 10/01/09
ID: 11/05/09 (San Francisco DO) this afternoon!!
OL:
OD:
PP:
PP:

Eddie

Last edited by a moderator:
I read from this forum that the next Oath Ceremony is 11/17.

I am going to interview today afternoon. Can I request to have my Oath Ceremony on Dec up front? Should I take the Oath today and apply for passport right away?
What should I do is the best? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

San Francisco
PD: 8/21/09
NOA 8/26/09
FP notice 9/08/09
FP Date 9/17/09
IL: 10/01/09
ID: 11/05/09 (San Francisco DO) this afternoon!!
OL:
OD:
PP:
PP:

Eddie

Let us assume you pass all civics and english proficiency test, then you are recommended for approval. Given the short window that you have, if they offer same day which sound they don't as you know of 11/17 oath ceremony, then ask for the next available oath ceremony to be included and go to HK on a GC. If they offer same day oath, then do same day oath, bring along a copy of your airline ticket so that you aren't told to go home and bring proof that it is absolutely necessary for you to be sworn in that day. Once recommended and sworn in, head to the national passport agency, with a copy of your ticket and ask for sameday or expedited passport and they will issue one. :) US citizen don't need a visa for HK, so you can get the passport on the 16th and head to HK the following day...:p

Good luck on your upcoming citizenship festivas...:D

Thanks for the quick reply. You mean I can take the Oath today and apply the passport today and get the passport today?
I googled state Dept Passport center but found not much. Can I have more info about it?
Thanks a lot.

Eddie

Thanks for the quick reply. You mean I can take the Oath today and apply the passport today and get the passport today?
I googled state Dept Passport center but found not much. Can I have more info about it?
Thanks a lot.

Eddie

Not like today and today. For example, you are sworn in at 2pm today, show up at the National Passport Agency the following day, before 11am and have them process your passport and be ready for pick-up by 3 or 4pm. I had a correction for my son's passport and arrived at 10:30am without appt, and they had my son's passport ready for pick-up at 3pm. If the passport agency is super busy, it might take 2-3 days for your passport to be ready.