Interview today - Approved - Special Veterans' Day Oath at the Intrepid!

After 4 hours, I finally get to leave the federal building with a reminder that the government should NOT run anything, my dog and cats would be more efficient. Hopefully they'll never run healthcare in this country, otherwise we're screwed.... ;)

Those were my thoughts exactly! I've been telling everyone that I only made up my mind about where I stood on healthcare at my naturalization interview ...

Those were my thoughts exactly! I've been telling everyone that I only made up my mind about where I stood on healthcare at my naturalization interview ...

Totally agree. I also come from a country with universal healthcare and big Govt and it's all inefficiency and corruption (after all, it's human nature).

One question for you: I saw you applied for a passport at the regional agency on Hudson St (which is right in front of my office).
Did you have an appointment? How long did it take?
I have an appointment on Monday at 9am and I'm wondering if I should move my morning meetings because of the wait.
My wife went there to get a passport in May 2007 with her new married name on it and still reminds me of that awful day that I made her spend (5 hours in line on the street). I hope things improved since then...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't resist putting some political jabs in there huh? I guess you got the kind of officer to go with your attitude. ;)

Totally agree. I also come from a country with universal healthcare and big Govt and it's all inefficiency and corruption (after all, it's human nature).

One question for you: I saw you applied for a passport at the regional agency on Hudson St (which is right in front of my office).
Did you have an appointment? How long did it take?
I have an appointment on Monday at 9am and I'm wondering if I should move my morning meetings because of the wait.
My wife went there to get a passport in May 2007 with her new married name on it and still reminds me of that awful day that I made her spend (5 hours in line on the street). I hope things improved since then...

It was slightly over an hour's wait from the time I got there (15 mins before my appointment). Then I was called to the window, and the guy spent the next few minutes in a personal window with his neighbor before attending to me. There is an electronic sign at the entrance telling you how long the wait it - in my case the actual wait was probably 5-10 mins longer than estimated.

Congratulations! I am glad to have gotten through with minimal questions about documents since I applied under the 5 year category. Man, that sure was a tough interview! Congratulations again.